New 'rules' for buying quota bags UK?

I’m pretty new to the H world, and have gotten so many fantastic advice from wonderful members here.
From what I’ve gathered from my SA at my local boutique in Canada, they are no longer rotating inventory between SA, but rather have a general list which they go down, hoping to make it more fair as I was inquiring about a realistic timeline for a K25. She said before when inventory gets rotated between the SAs, even if there are certain bags, if it’s not assigned to her she can’t do anything about it, but now it’s a list they go down. But in terms of pre spend, of course she wouldn’t say no more is required. I do believe that relationship is still required to be established, show your appreciation for the brand and then bring up wishlist. But I’m really new to all this so it’s just from my experience so far.
May I ask which Canadian store?

To the OP's question.....this is absolutely not my experience in any store including the UK. My SAs know my preferences (for instance, if it's Barenia or Box I will get a call) and my dream bags, but I haven't gone to the store to fill anything in, and I am still getting calls.

I think it's always worked this way: SAs have their clients' "wish lists" and when a bag comes in there is some negotiation amongst SAs as to who gets the call/offer. This has to be signed off by the SM if it's a Birkin or Kelly, and sometimes also for a non-quota bag like a Mini Lindy which is in very high demand. I think it depends very much on the client relationship with the store as to whether the call is "get your butt down here if you want this bag" or "we are holding it for you".

I watched her video too and she did mention the wish list system! I am wondering if she got the Mini Kelly because her mother is a long-standing customer there. She also mentioned that they offered her a Birkin on the same day which she turned down for the Mini Kelly (it doesn't seem like she has a purchase history with H, but her mother probably does).
Also, while this was that youtuber’s first H bag purchase, she does have a few pairs of Oran sandals, so she likely already has a profile of her own.

Worth noting that we don’t know the full picture so it’s hard to draw conclusions from her experience. I believe she did say that she went in with her mum for her first visit to the store, so that must have also helped, but she may have spent more herself over the years than she mentioned in her video.

Reactions: this_is_rj
Are there really any rules? There was a lovely story here in this forum, with photos about a member who just got her dream bag first visit. (I need to find the link) My husband was also offered ‘rare’ items without much purchase history.
Obviously an established client will be more likely to get offered what they want, when available.
I am more surprised at the high mark ups some re-sellers seem to achieve.

This is very weird! All these info about wait list / wish list. I've been shopping with my SA in the UK for nearly 3 years. My SA has never mentioned wait list, even after I got offered my first Kelly. Oh well I guess it's an up-side-down world of Hermes!

Reactions: frenchcitygirl
It's so interesting how everyone's experience differs! I've been offered B & K in London, and had to put in a wish which was recorded by my SA in the system. Both took a few months (about 3-4 months) and they seemed to materialise a few days after a large haul...

It's so interesting how everyone's experience differs! I've been offered B & K in London, and had to put in a wish which was recorded by my SA in the system. Both took a few months (about 3-4 months) and they seemed to materialise a few days after a large haul...
May I ask which boutique is this and when did you get the offers (during lockdowns etc.)? And which categories did you purchase in these 'large hauls'? Thanks! :smile:

Are there really any rules? There was a lovely story here in this forum, with photos about a member who just got her dream bag first visit. (I need to find the link) My husband was also offered ‘rare’ items without much purchase history.
Obviously an established client will be more likely to get offered what they want, when available.
I am more surprised at the high mark ups some re-sellers seem to achieve.
My thoughts exactly. I recently went and asked about a few SLGs. The SA who helped me (not my regular) started off as being very standoffish. After a few minutes of looking up the item I wanted with me expressing specific colour/leather preferences, she asked me if there was any kind of bag I wanted to see. It was post-lockdown but still. She hadn't even asked me my name to connect to my profile. :eek:

Reactions: keodi
Does anyone know if people are still able to get B/K bags in the UK without being contacted via Wishlist system? I have a wish list, but when I'm in buying other items occasionally (makeup/shoes) I still have the silly hope that my SA will surprise me on the spot. haha. If this is the new system for 100% of sales I would assume no tourists are getting these bags... Which is interesting.

I also want to know if you edit your Wishlist (add or subtract colors,) if that pushes you back in line. I want to remove blue from my list but I am afraid to mess with it. LOL

Does anyone know if people are still able to get B/K bags in the UK without being contacted via Wishlist system? I have a wish list, but when I'm in buying other items occasionally (makeup/shoes) I still have the silly hope that my SA will surprise me on the spot. haha. If this is the new system for 100% of sales I would assume no tourists are getting these bags... Which is interesting.

I also want to know if you edit your Wishlist (add or subtract colors,) if that pushes you back in line. I want to remove blue from my list but I am afraid to mess with it. LOL

In fact, the wish list works as a guideline for the SA to track what their customers wants as they have many customers wanting b/k. For me, I had built a very good relationship with my SA and she knows what I want/like.

I do have a wish list too but she doesn’t follow closely to that- Since she knows my preference and taste. For eg. I put in k25 for my wish list along with the colour I wanted. But she recently contacted me to visit the boutique as she has a nice surprise for me. And she offered me a birkin 25 in the colour I wanted instead of the kelly 25 that I had put on my wish list. She told me I can still reject it if I don’t want it even though she knew I wouldn’t hahaha.

And yes it’s true that they prefer locals vs tourists as locals are always here rather than tourists who just come by for a 1-2 time purchase and they don’t really see them again sometimes. Unless they know the customer will potentially return to london numerous times in a year. At the end of the day, they still want us to have continuous spending from time to time.