New ring! But opinions wanted.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just bought a blue diamond band to stack with my wedding set. I love the ring itself but I'm not sure I like how it looks all together with my wedding rings. Maybe it's just because I've been staring at my wedding set for 10+ years now and adding another ring is a big change? Or maybe it just doesn't really match as well as I had hoped.

My wedding set consists of e-ring (1.25 round brilliant with 1/2 carat of channel-set diamonds on sides) and matching wedding band (1/2 carat channel-set diamonds). The blue diamond band I bought matches the wedding band in that it is also 1/2 carat channel-set blue diamonds. I thought the blue would give the set a little pop of color but now I'm not sure if it looks out of place. I'm keeping the band no matter what, I'm just wondering if I need to switch it to my right hand (and perhaps find another channel-set band to stack with it :graucho:). I'd love to know your thoughts! So on to the photos ....

Here's my wedding set how I normally wear it:
    [​IMG]

Here it is with the blue diamond band added one way:
    [​IMG]

A different way to stack:
    [​IMG]

Please excuse my super chubby fingers. I'm 5 months pregnant with my fourth. :P

So what do you guys think? No blue band or yes blue band? TIA!!

2. I am not loving it. I can't put my finger on why. Are the metals between the rings different?

3. I LOVEEee the blue diamond band. Fantastic choice on that.

Is that rose gold?

4. No, they're all white gold. I can't really put my finger on why I'm not loving it either. :/

5. I don't really care for the blue band with your wed set - maybe on its own. Congrats on your pregnancy! I have four kid's and remember that fourth pregnancy quite vividly :smile: thought my 'baby' just turned 13! :sad:

6. I love that ring! I think the problem is that you don't have a lot of finger space to your knuckle and it looks smooshed. Even without the blue diamond band your set is almost all the way there. Am I making sense how I am saying this?

7. I like the second picture, but I agree with Beenie you may want to only wear 2 rings at a time sweetie. congrats on your forth by the way!! that's amazing!

8. Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I'm going to switch it to my right hand. :smile:

9. I agree with the others. I think all of your rings together are too thick to look good stacking. If it's taking up your finger from one knuckle to another I think it shortens the finger and makes it look chunkier than it is.

Gorgeous band though! I love that blue color.

10. I agree, I think your fingers are a bit "short" (like mine) for all 3 rings, but I wanted to say that that is a GORGEOUS ring! I had to come out of lurker-dom to tell you that I love it! Congratulations on the ring and your pregnancy.

11. Beautiful blue !

I think it will be fabulous on your right hand -- I think on the left hand it wouldn't stand out as much!

12. pretty band! just for fun, can you take a pic of the blue band between the other two?

13. I :heart: blue diamonds! If you love them too, wear them with joy!!

14. It's beautiful but it's just doesn't sit right with your other rings. Sorry.:sad:

15. I think it would look lovely with the blue band in between the diamond bands. I :heart: blue diamonds