New purse: suggestions?

mary79

O.G.
Jun 17, 2011
I'm very disappointed with my Mulberry blossom purse. It looks tatty and stained after only 6 months!

Now looking for a new purse. Open to any designer (or non-designer) or style.

Must fit cash, cards and coins. Metallics or bright colours preferred. No set budget. Must be under 20 cm long to fit in all my bags.

I don't baby my things or switch purses and want something that will still look nice after a year.

Any suggestions?

Oh, you mean a wallet. Here in the US we call a hand bag, a purse, and what you call a purse, we call a wallet. Ha

My LV wallet has held up well after a couple of years even. I don't baby my things either. LV has many options as to size, color, and material, so you may find lots of options that could work for you.

Also, since Coach has revamped their line, they have lots of interesting options, including some with printed interiors, which are simply darling.

Any wallet within the Longchamp Le Foulonne line. Several styles, lots of colors, wears like iron. Another good one, if you aren't put off by logos, is LV empreinte leather. Again, the same arguments as with the Longchamp, only with a bigger price tag.

I have two wallets / purses and one card case. The purses are from Gucci and Dior. Both are French purse style. They hold cash, cards, coins and have pockets for a few extras. I fold a couple checks and slip into the pockets for the very rare cases that I need one. I also store insurance cards, stamps, etc. there. I love small wallets / purses so these work very well for me.

The Gucci is an older model lizard embossed leather one that I scored new and unused off eBay so unfortunately I can't share a link / pic for one you can buy now. But I'm sure the brand has other options similar that are available.

This is the Dior Envolee wallet that I have. The photos are from another Tpf'r who did a far better job of photgraphing it that I have. :smile:
http://m.dior.com/couture/en_us/wom...lee-wallet-in-black-bullcalf-leather-11-18718
IMG_1590.JPG
Let us know what you decide to get.

Yes, sorry, I mean a walllet :smile:

Thank you all for the excellent recommendations. I'm off to do some research.

I particularly like wallets where the coins are seperate and easy to access (if that makes sense), so I don't have to show the contents of my wallet every time I just want to take out a few coins. Hadn't considered LV because I don't like the monogram, but I will check out the leather versions. The Dior wallet above is stunning!

Yes, sorry, I mean a walllet :smile:

Thank you all for the excellent recommendations. I'm off to do some research.

I particularly like wallets where the coins are seperate and easy to access (if that makes sense), so I don't have to show the contents of my wallet every time I just want to take out a few coins. Hadn't considered LV because I don't like the monogram, but I will check out the leather versions. The Dior wallet above is stunning!
i am the same, i like the coins in a different area so no one sees inside the wallet. those are typically called french wallets, so when looking you might use that as a key phrase.

Hi looking to buy my wife a new bag for her birthday, any suggestion will be helpful as I am new to this, my budget is around £1200.
You might want to start a whole new thread for this. In order for us to be able to help you, you could list some wishes or requirements, including your wife's taste (you can pretty easily determine this by looking at what she already has; types and brands).

New members have to post 5 times in existing threads before they are allowed to start a new thread, so A555 is kinda stuck at the moment. This, however, gets me to post #2. :smile:

Hi looking to buy my wife a new bag for her birthday, any suggestion will be helpful as I am new to this, my budget is around £1200.

What kind of stuff your wife like? A crossbody? A handheld? Both? Is leather fine or just fabric only? Does she carry a lot or a mini bag will do? That money sure can buy lots of bags, but to get what she really can use, we need more info for that.

Or you can try to reply to some thread in the forum to get more than 5 post with the login then set a new post yourself so more people can see it.