New Purchase = Scratched within half hr

So this might give you a chuckle to cheer you.........
Speaking of holes in clothing, a few weeks ago I was going through airport security. I was wearing one of my favorite sweaters, a lovely silk knit in a deep plum color. Well, I get to the body scan machine, put my arms above my head, blah blah........... when I arrived at my destination, I was changing clothes and noticed that underneath one arm of the sweater was a GIANT rip......from the armpit halfway down the arm !!! The entire seam had ripped, and I never knew it.

So much for trying to look glam while travelling :lol:

Any woven material can snag, unfortunately. If it really bothers you, a tailor can pull the threads back through to make it good as new. Just don't cut the pulls off.

Hey all,

Thank you for the moral support. I wore it today and I have NO IDEA what I got it caught on to but I took it ofd and there's at least a dozen more. Wow.. I just don't know what happened, it was not like I was wearing any jewelry or anything.

I don't think I can take it back. I think this is bound to happen due to the delicate materials. It's a beautiful shawl but I don't recommend it to be honest. Unless if you plan to wear it and literally sit down and not move for the whole day :/

Why would there be a reason for a return?

All scarves....LV, Hermes or ________ (insert brand name) will eventually get a snag.

Just like a new car will eventually get a scratch.

Operative word: eventually! not one snag after barely touching it!! I’m very pro-consumer and it’s a lot of money to spend on something that gets damaged so quickly and easily. JMO

Hey all,

Thank you for the moral support. I wore it today and I have NO IDEA what I got it caught on to but I took it ofd and there's at least a dozen more. Wow.. I just don't know what happened, it was not like I was wearing any jewelry or anything.

I don't think I can take it back. I think this is bound to happen due to the delicate materials. It's a beautiful shawl but I don't recommend it to be honest. Unless if you plan to wear it and literally sit down and not move for the whole day :/
I’m so very sorry Marguch, at least a dozen more snags is terrible :sad: a return or exchange is more difficult now… but you know what? I would try anyways, can you talk to your SA? tell her you didn’t realize it was so delicate and if at all possible you would like to exchange it for something more lasting… I would even spend more money so it’s not a total loss for either party.

If you decide to keep it, then forget about the snags and enjoy it until it falls apart, it’s very beautiful but I will follow your recommendation and NOT spend my money on something like this.

I’m so very sorry Marguch, at least a dozen more snags is terrible :sad: a return or exchange is more difficult now… but you know what? I would try anyways, can you talk to your SA? tell her you didn’t realize it was so delicate and if at all possible you would like to exchange it for something more lasting… I would even spend more money so it’s not a total loss for either party.

If you decide to keep it, then forget about the snags and enjoy it until it falls apart, it’s very beautiful but I will follow your recommendation and NOT spend my money on something like this.

Thank you! I do have an update though!! I took everyones advice and called up customer service. I was told to take it back in for an assessment. they had a look at it and replaced it with a new one! I'm pretty happy with the outcome, Although now I feel like I don't even want to wear it.

Also, on my way out I walked past a gucci store and I decided to go in for a bit of a browse. I found a scarf with fox fur trim on it and to be completely honest for an extra few hundreds I wished that I had purchased the gucci one instead as the material felt a lot more durable and it would have been a better value. I still love the LV scarf I just wished that it was more durable.

I was actually planning to purchase a shiny monogram as my next LV shawl but after what happened, I'd definitely get the logomania scarf instead.

:roflmfao:
So this might give you a chuckle to cheer you.........
Speaking of holes in clothing, a few weeks ago I was going through airport security. I was wearing one of my favorite sweaters, a lovely silk knit in a deep plum color. Well, I get to the body scan machine, put my arms above my head, blah blah........... when I arrived at my destination, I was changing clothes and noticed that underneath one arm of the sweater was a GIANT rip......from the armpit halfway down the arm !!! The entire seam had ripped, and I never knew it.

So much for trying to look glam while travelling :lol:

:roflmfao: that did cheer me up! Oh dear...

Thank you! I do have an update though!! I took everyones advice and called up customer service. I was told to take it back in for an assessment. they had a look at it and replaced it with a new one! I'm pretty happy with the outcome, Although now I feel like I don't even want to wear it.

Also, on my way out I walked past a gucci store and I decided to go in for a bit of a browse. I found a scarf with fox fur trim on it and to be completely honest for an extra few hundreds I wished that I had purchased the gucci one instead as the material felt a lot more durable and it would have been a better value. I still love the LV scarf I just wished that it was more durable.

I was actually planning to purchase a shiny monogram as my next LV shawl but after what happened, I'd definitely get the logomania scarf instead.
That’s great news, it was very nice of them to replace it with a new one, now don’t touch it!

j/k :biggrin:

you like to press your luck? get store credit for the new scarf and get the Gucci scarf you really want :graucho:

please no hate mail, I’m just trying to help :biggrin: