New Pre-Fall 2016 bags (and collection)

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
The new Dior Pre-Fall 2016 collection was released today.

Here is the review from Vogue.com: http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/pre-fall-2016/christian-dior

If Raf Simons’s departure from Dior in October charted high on the industry’s Richter scale of shake-ups, there’s been next-to-no rumbling from the maison since. As such, the Pre-Fall offering qualifies as news (we’ll take what we can get). Created internally, the collection came unaccompanied: no front person, no point of departure, no theme or particular mood. But that doesn’t mean it lacked interest.

Arguably, there was considerable appeal to such an anticlimactic effort; it’s not every day that you find a mink coat treated with real gold worn beneath an army green trapeze coat. This tendency to double up while playing down provided a clever way to emphasize precision of proportion, and to communicate style over fashion. In a sense, the collection seemed to fetishize the mythic Dior codes less than ever, instead planting certain details—be it a tulip silhouette on a parka or a bejeweled bee on a shirt collar—to ensure that nothing felt ordinary. Jackets featuring dropped-waist basques, pants finished with broderie anglaise, wisps of lace enhancing the femininity of leather, and oversize mother-of-pearl buttons proposed novelty without risk. Notably, the strongest evening option asserted its allure from behind.

Regardless of the situation behind the scenes, the overall statement benefited from a particular sangfroid, the Parisian equivalent of “keep calm and carry on.” Still, for no other reason than the coats—all of them, really—the collection registers well.

As far as bags go, the Diorever and Diorama are featured prominently, with updates, especially in the case of the Diorama which now features an oversized lock on some versions. I really like the disproportional lock!

Attachments

• 04_DIOR (1).jpg
    04_DIOR (1).jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 862
  • 03_DIOR (1).jpg
    03_DIOR (1).jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 845
  • 06_DIOR.jpg
    06_DIOR.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 817
  • 07_DIOR.jpg
    07_DIOR.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 840
  • 08_DIOR.jpg
    08_DIOR.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 829
  • 10_DIOR.jpg
    10_DIOR.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 814
  • 12_DIOR.jpg
    12_DIOR.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 815
  • 15_DIOR.jpg
    15_DIOR.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 809
  • 17_DIOR.jpg
    17_DIOR.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 819
  • 16_DIOR.jpg
    16_DIOR.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 806
More bags: (I'm not sure if I like the first grey camera flap bag. It looks like a Dior Beauty bonus bag to me)

Attachments

• 19_DIOR.jpg
    19_DIOR.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 1,745
  • 20_DIOR.jpg
    20_DIOR.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 830
  • 22_DIOR.jpg
    22_DIOR.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 816
  • 24_DIOR.jpg
    24_DIOR.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 811
  • 26_DIOR.jpg
    26_DIOR.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 821
  • 25_DIOR.jpg
    25_DIOR.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 819
Love the logomania bag but would like it sans logo lol! I also liked the camera bag at first but now that you said that it looks like a TOA I can't stop thinking that and don't like it anymore LOL. Love the diorever bags in pony hair though, so luxe!

Love the logomania bag but would like it sans logo lol! I also liked the camera bag at first but now that you said that it looks like a TOA I can't stop thinking that and don't like it anymore LOL. Love the diorever bags in pony hair though, so luxe!

I would prefer the bag without logos, too. It was a bit shocking to see the logo again, except the fabric looks more luxurious than normal (almost looks velvety);

I think the worst part of the "Beauty" bag is the silver logo, which from afar looks like the Dior Beauty logo they put on their gift-with-purchase bags.

The Diorever might grow on me.

Sadly the rest does not appeal to me right now. I'm not a fan on this variation of the Diorama. I agree that the camera bag looks like a gift with purchase bag at first glance. Ah the Diorultra is promising.... ( Keeping it positive! :smile: )