New pouch?

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Just ran into this new clutch style on Moda Operandi and I had not seen them on the official BV website or otherwise. I get they’re trying to make the bag more versatile and practical, what with the handle and strap option but... not sure if I like it or not quite yet. While I am warming up to the cool triangular fastening, I still definitely would pick the aesthetics of the OG pouch over this any day. Something about the strap particularly cheapens the whole bag to me. Thoughts?

67E2A4BD-9833-4101-9587-FD61DDFC667B.jpeg

C9AA6FCB-3028-456B-BD6E-C9757C0E0341.jpeg

DB15664A-7A0C-47F9-B8C2-7DE864DFE02E.jpeg

FB549FB1-0804-46D8-A570-32CBBA98D729.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: monkeyjuju
That is called The Triangle! I actually do not think it’s a Pouch (the sides are definitely different), but there is definitely some inspiration there.

I would never buy it, but it definitely is interesting.

Based on the model shot, it looks a lot bigger than the Lauren.

To me (based on size) it reads more satchel, and in that context it’s a bit more interesting and then the strap is functional. It’d be good if the strap was adjustable and removable.

So for me, as a clutch I don’t care for it. But as modern take on a satchel I can appreciate it more. (I’m not a satchel gal so I’d not buy it).

Reactions: ksuromax
Based on the model shot, it looks a lot bigger than the Lauren.

To me (based on size) it reads more satchel, and in that context it’s a bit more interesting and then the strap is functional. It’d be good if the strap was adjustable and removable.

So for me, as a clutch I don’t care for it. But as modern take on a satchel I can appreciate it more. (I’m not a satchel gal so I’d not buy it).
Yea I agree it’s a lot larger than the Lauren and I just saw it irl today and it’s rather cheap looking tbh. Here’s a unexpected bag I just saw in my boutique today though!... I’m now like “Do I need this bag???” 0C2E0F37-2529-4369-A3AD-F387C6047126.jpegA2B4AC22-8989-476F-ACE9-2BF27ADAA07E.jpeg

Reactions: hartwin and gagabag
That metal clasp will scratch the leather easily when opening and closing the bag, causing unnecessary wear. Overall the clasp makes the bag look cheap IMO. Hard pass on this model for me.

Reactions: etudes
That metal clasp will scratch the leather easily when opening and closing the bag, causing unnecessary wear. Overall the clasp makes the bag look cheap IMO. Hard pass on this model for me.
You’re giving me valid and appreciated reasons not to buy it, which in this case is great because I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since I left today lol my wallet needs a break

After seeing most of DL creations, I suspect that he has some obsession with triangle. He keep trying to incorporate triangles in most of his creations let it be closures, handles, and decorations. Even to the point of RTW BV label on the back, it shaped like a triangle as well. Not quite sure if this is only a trend or a permanent thing.

Reactions: hartwin and Euclase
After seeing most of DL creations, I suspect that he has some obsession with triangle. He keep trying to incorporate triangles in most of his creations let it be closures, handles, and decorations. Even to the point of RTW BV label on the back, it shaped like a triangle as well. Not quite sure if this is only a trend or a permanent thing.
Well I think he’s just trying to incorporate the triangle because it’s a kind of “V” logo that doesn’t stand out as a typical logo, but yet remains a part of their bv history.