*BUYING* on Poshmark

I want everyone who's selling or purchasing on Poshmark to be aware of their system. Sharing screenshots here of my experience and what you can expect - if you ever SELL an authentic item to a buyer and it gets sent to Poshmark HQ in Oakland, CA for their handy work.:flowers:

Warning: you're responsible for paying for the shipping costs to have your item from Poshmark sent back to you.

Attachments

• 3F454366-41A8-4D55-8945-41FD3FBC005E.jpeg
    3F454366-41A8-4D55-8945-41FD3FBC005E.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 3BBEAF4E-0672-44FB-A11A-59BC36CA5F0D.jpeg
    3BBEAF4E-0672-44FB-A11A-59BC36CA5F0D.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 114
  • BCF450F1-C7CB-4327-9029-00401E626E2E.jpeg
    BCF450F1-C7CB-4327-9029-00401E626E2E.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 116
  • 21448165-8717-4B22-AB58-567F579ECB79.jpeg
    21448165-8717-4B22-AB58-567F579ECB79.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: caannie
@Carrieshaver sounds like our situation
I am so sorry your going through this! It is occurring to a lot of people who sell on Poshmark with authentic items lately. I am not sure if it is due to COVID-19 in the lack of staff or they really don't know what they are doing. I hope you get your bag back and in the same condition in which you sent it to them. If you check the "does anyone use poshmark" thread you would see what occurred to me and why I no longer sell high priced items on there any more. Again, best of luck to you and please let me know how it turns out!

Reactions: shesnochill
I want everyone who's selling or purchasing on Poshmark to be aware of their system. Sharing screenshots here of my experience and what you can expect - if you ever SELL an authentic item to a buyer and it gets sent to Poshmark HQ in Oakland, CA for their handy work.:flowers:

Warning: you're responsible for paying for the shipping costs to have your item from Poshmark sent back to you.

@KFerrer159 had the same situation with NO response to emails when she inquired about her Chanel Espadrilles still in their possession for weeks. Terrible!

I am so sorry your going through this! It is occurring to a lot of people who sell on Poshmark with authentic items lately. I am not sure if it is due to COVID-19 in the lack of staff or they really don't know what they are doing. I hope you get your bag back and in the same condition in which you sent it to them. If you check the "does anyone use poshmark" thread you would see what occurred to me and why I no longer sell high priced items on there any more. Again, best of luck to you and please let me know how it turns out!
I had to harass them using an alternate Twitter account lol it worked I got a response this morning!

How dare they try to get me to pay for the shipping to send me my bag back.

Thank you!

Hello all!

just wanted to bring some attention to a new scam on poshmark. I was looking to buy a purse, and the seller had exactly what I was looking for, all the pictures, receipts and all. It was a Chanel bag, so for purchases over 500$, the item automatically gets sent to poshmark And they authenticate for free.

I figured that it was safe. So I bought the item, and the total amount was automatically debited from my account. A couple of hours later, I get a message saying that the order was cancelled. I get another message from the seller saying that she saw that my order was cancelled and hoped I didn’t change my mind. I told them I wasn’t the one who cancelled the order and the seller said the same. So I ordered the item again... and again cancelled. I messaged the seller again, and seller said she was not cancelling the order. I messaged Poshmark about the cancellation, and they were no helsent me a generic email.

The seller sends me a message to ask for my # so we can get to the bottom of the issue, so I send her my number.
I get a text from an iCloud account (red flag) some back and forth between me and the person, and finally the seller says; “do you have Apple Pay, I can send the item out tomorrow and save you 20% because that’s what poshmark charges” I obviously said no, and that I rather do this via poshmark...

so my order gets cancelled again, I repurchase again... and then cancelled again, only to see that all the sellers items were removed from poshmark.
So obviously a scam, Bait and hook, trying to get me to pay for something off poshmark and send me (or not send me ) the item on their own...

beware!

Urgh, I can just imagine the frustration over all that wasted time with this despicable scammer. Good for you that you didn't fall for it.
I'm wondering whether all of their pictures were stolen, too.

Reactions: lovecouture
Urgh, I can just imagine the frustration over all that wasted time with this despicable scammer. Good for you that you didn't fall for it.
I'm wondering whether all of their pictures were stolen, too.
I was wondering the same thing. The pictures were all legit, even the receipt from the store. I know all this can be doctored, but these had to be real...

I was wondering the same thing. The pictures were all legit, even the receipt from the store. I know all this can be doctored, but these had to be real...
I'm thinking they were real and stolen, and the seller was just going to either mail nothing or just a random bag. Although there are people out there who own authentic designer stuff and choose to make money this way. Sadly.

I remember this vintage Gucci bag that I was thinking of buying, a couple of years ago. Price was quite low and the seller had other similarly priced vintage designer bags, with the photos taken in the same location. Asked for additional photos and the seller provided them, and they were definitely of the same bag that was in the listing. The seller was local, so I asked about the pick-up, but the she said she was away and could ship the bag if I wired her the money. Even though the platform the listing was on offered shipping with the buyer/seller protection. Obviously, I noped right out of it. Later that day I check this seller's feedback (she was newly registered and didn't have any at the time I first messaged her), and there were three new reviews all telling the same story. One person actually fell for it and transferred the money. The seller was blocked pretty soon afterwards but I doubt that poor buyer could do anything to get their money back.

The background was the same in the photos in several of the listings, so either that scammer stole all those pictures from the same genuine seller or actually did have those bags in their possession. :shrugs:

Reactions: lovecouture
I noticed the same thing as well, which made me feel comfortable buying the bag at first; the background in the pics was the same for all items and the receipts for all items were all from the Dallas/Texas area...

I'm still relatively new to Poshmark, and while (surprisingly) I've done fairly well sales-wise, there are a lot of "issues" that I don't like. For instance, I have now gotten 3 "not as described" nicks even though the item is EXACTLY as described .. it's really that the buyer for whatever reason didn't want it. That really pisses me off because I make sure to denote EVERYTHING about an item and I'm seeing that this is a 'way' for people to send it back for a 'change of mind' not because it doesn't meet the description!

Reactions: GemsBerry
Hello all!

just wanted to bring some attention to a new scam on poshmark. I was looking to buy a purse, and the seller had exactly what I was looking for, all the pictures, receipts and all. It was a Chanel bag, so for purchases over 500$, the item automatically gets sent to poshmark And they authenticate for free.

I figured that it was safe. So I bought the item, and the total amount was automatically debited from my account. A couple of hours later, I get a message saying that the order was cancelled. I get another message from the seller saying that she saw that my order was cancelled and hoped I didn’t change my mind. I told them I wasn’t the one who cancelled the order and the seller said the same. So I ordered the item again... and again cancelled. I messaged the seller again, and seller said she was not cancelling the order. I messaged Poshmark about the cancellation, and they were no helsent me a generic email.

The seller sends me a message to ask for my # so we can get to the bottom of the issue, so I send her my number.
I get a text from an iCloud account (red flag) some back and forth between me and the person, and finally the seller says; “do you have Apple Pay, I can send the item out tomorrow and save you 20% because that’s what poshmark charges” I obviously said no, and that I rather do this via poshmark...

so my order gets cancelled again, I repurchase again... and then cancelled again, only to see that all the sellers items were removed from poshmark.
So obviously a scam, Bait and hook, trying to get me to pay for something off poshmark and send me (or not send me ) the item on their own...

beware!
I saw that the other day, with a Gucci bag listing,
figured that was the deal, another buyer had questioned the seller why was my order cancelled,? then the account was gone.

as a Posh seller this is bad for us and the buyer who gets caught

I'm still relatively new to Poshmark, and while (surprisingly) I've done fairly well sales-wise, there are a lot of "issues" that I don't like. For instance, I have now gotten 3 "not as described" nicks even though the item is EXACTLY as described .. it's really that the buyer for whatever reason didn't want it. That really pisses me off because I make sure to denote EVERYTHING about an item and I'm seeing that this is a 'way' for people to send it back for a 'change of mind' not because it doesn't meet the description!
it can be, but there will always be those u can't make happy, I look at it as part of doing business KWIM, I always take a pic of anything that could be a flaw and circle it. as well as disclose in the listing. but my old stuff doesn't make me money sitting in my house

Totally new seller. And I agree, it was sketchy from the beginning, but I figured I had nothing to loose since it was a high priced item that would have to be sent for authentication... and I obviously did not want to proceed outside of poshmark

Reactions: GemsBerry
Totally new seller. And I agree, it was sketchy from the beginning, but I figured I had nothing to loose since it was a high priced item that would have to be sent for authentication... and I obviously did not want to proceed outside of poshmark
There's another one on PM. I was carried away by spotting the bag I wanted and stopped short before submitting offer and asked question first - better pictures of corners without them being cut off. I'm happy I did. then no response, no pictures, only after that I looked at the seller's profile - totally new, no sales, but recently posted hundreds of very sought-after items.
Then I went to check if there are updates and the whole account is gone. I then googled that bag and located it on Vestiaire collective from completely different seller in France. So this seller on Posh didn't have the items she listed, she just re-posted pics from different platforms, omitted any defects and hiked the prices x3. Damn scam too!
It's always good to look at the seller's history.

Last edited:
Reactions: ladyglen