New Pommier City...LOVE it, but a question...

LAltiero85

<3
O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
Okay so I FINALLY got my City, after pouring over auction sites and online consignment stores for months, I finally found her..:love: She's a gorgeous color, but one little thing bothers me...is she a little dry? Or just very distressed? I've been using the search option like crazy, clicking on every thread that mentions anything about dry leather, and STILL have not found anything comparable to my bag. So I finally decided just to post pics and ask outright. Sorry if I shouldn't have.

Anyway, here are the pics...I tried to capture the leather texture in them.

It doesn't feel dry to the touch, just wrinkly. But I'm scared to death that the leather will crack and peel.

If it is dry, what should I do? I've heard that using Lubriderm works, but then I also read that it can rot the leather and just with some use the leather will become softer with time.

Picture1781.jpg

Picture1782.jpg

Picture1783.jpg

Picture1784.jpg

Picture1785.jpg

Picture1786.jpg

Was yours as dry as mine? I'm hoping it will get better! I just ordered LMB Ultimate Moisturizer...here's hoping!

I think mine was dryer. Mine was super dry but I loved the color, so I decided to see if I could change the dryness myself. I applied a coat and let it sit for a day, and then the next day I applied a little more to the back (driest place on my bag) and now she is gorgeous and you wouldn't even know I did anything to her.. Let us know how it turns out! Pommier is stunning!

I think mine was dryer. Mine was super dry but I loved the color, so I decided to see if I could change the dryness myself. I applied a coat and let it sit for a day, and then the next day I applied a little more to the back (driest place on my bag) and now she is gorgeous and you wouldn't even know I did anything to her.. Let us know how it turns out! Pommier is stunning!
Thank you so much!! I'm glad everything worked out for you! I can't wait to see what happens to mine!

Your Pommier is Gorgeous!!!!

ITA with the ladies that have said to use Lovin My Bags products on your bag. The best products that I have found from them are their Color Enhance (so moisturizing and fabulous), and their botanical products. A little moisturizer will help big time!

Is that different from Botanical Silk Miracle Shield? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I have this and I'm not sure what it's for..I got it with the LMB Cleanser.

the miracle shield is more of a protectant and would go on first, then after 24 hrs. you can moisturize. Oh , and never use lubriderm! it will rot the stitches and leave a funky feeling on the leather.. I got a ink work once that someone had used lubriderm on and it was awful! only use a product formulated for lamb or chevre. that's why I stick with LMB for all my bbags.

Your Pommier is Gorgeous!!!!

ITA with the ladies that have said to use Lovin My Bags products on your bag. The best products that I have found from them are their Color Enhance (so moisturizing and fabulous), and their botanical products. A little moisturizer will help big time!
Thank you!! I'm excited to see what happens when I moisturize it!