New Poll! Buy one bag now, one bag in March or save up for Evora in March?

Buy now and later, or only buy later???

• Buy bag for under $1300 now and maybe another in a few months also

• Wait a few months and buy Evora MM

Results are only viewable after voting.

es0725

O.G.
May 28, 2007
Hi everyone! I'm back with a new question...you were all so helpful in voting for different bags for me to purchase with holiday money. The top contenders with Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene, Delightful GM, Westminster and a vintage Saumur. After doing more online shopping I also fell in love with the Bloomsbury GM as Evora MM. Right now, ideally I do not want to spend more than $1300 tops, so the Evora MM is out of the question currently. However, if I hold onto the holiday money I was given, I think I could be in a position to purchase it in a few months. However, if I didn't I could alternatively get one bag now, like the Delightful GM, and one bag in a few months, like the Bloomsbury. One thing that does bother me about the Evora MM is that I would definitely want to buy the extra long strap which adds another $300 to the price tag.

So here's the poll question....

(1) Buy one bag now that is under $1300, and if I want, another in a few months also under $1300

OR

(2) Wait and buy the Evora MM (and long strap) in a few months.

Help please!!! Any comments are more than welcome:biggrin:

What bags do you already have? I need to know to
give better advise.

I have the following:

Monogram Croissant PM
Monogram Luco
Onatah in Brown Perforated Leather
Alma Damier Ebene
Speedy 30 Damier Azure
Speedy 35 in Monogram
Manhattan GM
Papillon 26 Damier Ebene
Medium Ring Agenda Monogram
Sarah Wallet in Monogram
Black Epi Pochette

Just letting you know that they are doing a price increase in mid-January. Idk what the difference will be however. :sad:

Imo if you don't really love anything else, just keep saving for the Evora.

the price increase definitely concerns me especially with the Evora since I can only imagine how much it will increase...

the problem is i love them all!! ha

I'm going to the store Friday and am hoping one just jumps out at me over the others...I almost bought the Delightful GM this summer with birthday money, but opted for the Alma instead, that is why for this purchase I want a larger bag...

I always thought the Evora was pricey... there are other bags which can meet the same purpose for less money...

So my vote is: 2 bags are better than 1 :biggrin:

I have the following:

Monogram Croissant PM
Monogram Luco
Onatah in Brown Perforated Leather
Alma Damier Ebene
Speedy 30 Damier Azure
Speedy 35 in Monogram
Manhattan GM
Papillon 26 Damier Ebene
Medium Ring Agenda Monogram
Sarah Wallet in Monogram
Black Epi Pochette

You have some lovely bags. I had to google some since I am new to LV!

Based on your collection, I think that the Evora would be an awesome addition since it has the short and long straps (even though you would want to get the longer strap). I like to hand/arm carry my totes, so I like having the multiple carry options. On the other hand, I think that the Evora is pretty high priced for a canvas bag.

You already have some pretty great shoulder and hand carry bags, so if I were you I would get another tote style bag next. But the Delightful is pretty big and tote sized, IMO.

I probably didn't help you very much, but I am trying. I am not very decisive for you.

Thanks everyone - keep the comments coming :smile:

I think I am leaning towards the two bags are better than one theory...

I would actually recommend you get the Evora. You would regret getting two bags you just like, rather than the one bag you love. I ended up getting a cheaper bag last year, the Rivington, instead of the Trevi bag which was $800 more ...a year later, I'm still wanting the Trevi, and not really loving my Rivington as much.

I voted for the two bags. I just think the Evora is overpriced and you mentioned purchasing a $300 strap. The Delightful and Bloomsbury are both darling and great bags. If you get one now, you can beat the rumored price increase. I won't be so lucky if that happens. I can't buy the bag I want until the end of Jan. Go for it if you can!

thanks peachylv!

azngal - it's not that i don't love any of the other less expensive ones, i definitely like them a lot as well...i think i need to see all of them in person to really know

love getting the opinions though :smile: