New Policy From Coach (Madison lovers check this out)

I'm really glad I was lucky enough to get an espresso julianne at the outlet right before the emails came down from corporate, but the ocd side of me had to see what exactly is on this list of bags. I found all but one searching ebay, coach.com and tpf.

12930 Julianne, inlaid op art
12932 Sabrina, graphic op art
12935 Julianne leather
12937 Sabrina leather
12943 Sabrina large, op art
12947 Sabrina op art
12948 Sabrina large, patent
12949 Sabrina large, leather
12950 Small Hobo, op art
12952 Sabrina ombre
12957 Sabrina patent
12959 Sabrina travel, op art
12960 Julianne, graphic op art
12961 Sabrina, inlaid op art
12963 Julianne op art
12965 Sabrina mirrored metallic
12966 Sabrina large, graphic op art
12967 Sabrina travel, leather
12968 Julianne mirrored metallic
12973 Julianne large, patent
12974 Julianne large, leather
13001 Op art Tote
13232 Sabrina resort
13233 Sabrina, Fashion patent ("oil slick")
13253 Julianne resort

It's interesting that the op art small hobo is on the list but not the leather, which is available at outlets now.

Silly question -- since the Spectator Sabrina is not on this list, does that mean it may go to the outlets sooner? :nuts: I'm actually afraid of the regular Sabrinas because of the leather, but the Spectator is one that has really caught my eye.

Silly question -- since the Spectator Sabrina is not on this list, does that mean it may go to the outlets sooner? :nuts: I'm actually afraid of the regular Sabrinas because of the leather, but the Spectator is one that has really caught my eye.

I think the spectator is not on the list because none of them have been deleted yet.

Thanks for clearing that up, I saw it once and tried to search for it later and nothing came up. I thought I just didn't have the right words to match on. When I saw this list, I copied it for my own retention. It's good information, but I can understand COACH/tPF not wanting it made public.

I'm really sorry. Generally we don't like to delete threads, and that info was originally posted with the best of intentions, I know. It is definitely helpful info.

I had originally just edited the official list out and closed the thread, but later deleted it because I didn't want anyone to get hurt. We don't really have a responsibility to Coach in this regard, but it was just that I got a direct complaint about the proprietary nature of the list, etc.

Agreed!!

And they still didn't learn their lesson with the new Legacy either. IMO the trim looks really cheap, and not to mention the regular leather is still Garcia. I really like the drawstring bag, but it's way too tiny and the leather still turns me off. I will be purchasing a metallic tote when they go to the outlets.

baglady39...when the garcia leather was brought out, a big deal was made about it being "italian" leather. The handbags, in that Legacy collection, and also the Hamptons Vintage, were featured in alot of magazines. Were we mislead about the leather? Was the garcia a cheaper leather? When I first saw it I thought it looked kinda cheap...not like the beautiful Legacy leathers we were used to. But magazines did make a big deal about it...I still have all those magazines. BTW...did I make an error in putting the style numbers in my second posting here on this thread? I, personally, got a call from one of the mgrs at my outlet and she wanted me to have them to post on tPF. She knew how everyone was really upset about the Madison situation and was trying to calm the situation down. The outlets have no control over this and really don't want ladies mad at them. If I went against rules, I'm sorry.

^^Oh no, you did nothing wrong. THe reason I initially posted here is because the post was reported to the mods, and so I thought it was a good idea to make a public comment. I don't think anyone can really say anything as long as it's not an "official" list or anything that is considered official proprietary info, and coming from an employee (or can be traced to one)...if that makes sense. As for the other threads, I got complaints from the company, so I had to close that one... especially in case it was traceable to the employee involved. We all post info, and as long as it's generic and we use common sense, it should be fine. I have been asked not to post certain info before that I have received one on one, and I do honor that request and don't post. Otherwise, I just use common sense and try to post what I think is helpful, kwim?? I've been posting about the Sabrinas from the beginning. However, no matter what I post, I would never post my source, and I just always just try to keep it generic. When it's an employee, it's a different matter too. I don't want anyone to get fired. If you think about it, Coach wants to maximize it's boutique sales, so they definitely would not want an entire official delete list being posted on a public forum every time. They want to separate the outlets from the boutiques. However, they do read the boards, and some boutiques are definitely a bit negative about the forum in general, whereas others seem to think it's great (at least at the SA level).

I also probably get more info like this from the outlet contacts than boutique contacts I have to admit, which definitely makes sense!

As for Garcia, it is an Italian leather, but that's about all I know. They did say it was more expensive, but to me it's just always looked cheap. :shame: I also now do know it doesn't wear as well, which I had expected in the beginning. I think they will always try to hype up anything...whether it's truly better or not. THe goal was to reduce the weight of the bags by going to lighter leather and hardware, but it's just that I don't think they made a good choice at all. I also don't think that slicky pleather looking stuff really fit the style of the bags either...JMO!:P I'm sure there are many people that love it, though...just not me!!

^^Oh no, you did nothing wrong. THe reason I initially posted here is because the post was reported to the mods, and so I thought it was a good idea to make a public comment. I don't think anyone can really say anything as long as it's not an "official" list or anything that is considered official proprietary info, and coming from an employee (or can be traced to one)...if that makes sense. As for the other threads, I got complaints from the company, so I had to close that one... especially in case it was traceable to the employee involved. We all post info, and as long as it's generic and we use common sense, it should be fine. I have been asked not to post certain info before that I have received one on one, and I do honor that request and don't post. Otherwise, I just use common sense and try to post what I think is helpful, kwim?? I've been posting about the Sabrinas from the beginning. However, no matter what I post, I would never post my source, and I just always just try to keep it generic. When it's an employee, it's a different matter too. I don't want anyone to get fired. If you think about it, Coach wants to maximize it's boutique sales, so they definitely would not want an entire official delete list being posted on a public forum every time. They want to separate the outlets from the boutiques. However, they do read the boards, and some boutiques are definitely a bit negative about the forum in general, whereas others seem to think it's great (at least at the SA level).

I also probably get more info like this from the outlet contacts than boutique contacts I have to admit, which definitely makes sense!

As for Garcia, it is an Italian leather, but that's about all I know. They did say it was more expensive, but to me it's just always looked cheap. :shame: I also now do know it doesn't wear as well, which I had expected in the beginning. I think they will always try to hype up anything...whether it's truly better or not. THe goal was to reduce the weight of the bags by going to lighter leather and hardware, but it's just that I don't think they made a good choice at all. I also don't think that slicky pleather looking stuff really fit the style of the bags either...JMO!:P I'm sure there are many people that love it, though...just not me!!

Thanks for all your info. Even though I was personally called and she gave those numbers to me to post, it might not have truly been a good idea...especially with her name. I did try to follow up and explain that Coach is in the business to make money, and I can understand hanging on to a line that is doing well. (I don't understand why they would pull colors, like teal and magenta, that people would love to buy.) If you think this whole thread should be deleted I would understand. Also, thanks for your take on the garcia. I was going to try to find the zip satchel in amethyst, but I think I'll hold off if the leather is not wearing well.

^^ It depends on how much you wear it. I have the zip satchel and tote in amethyst, and also the Bridgit in bottle green and amethyst. I had a problem with the first zip satchel (just the stitching when I first got it), and the top handle pilot I initially had, but I haven't had any problems otherwise. I don't carry them a lot, though! It's just I know that there have been reports of wear, etc. I think at the price you can get them for now, it's worth the risk! I just didn't like them at all for FP, you know.

I think we can leave it...it's fine, for now. It was just the entire thing (a lot of the posts and way the list looked) on the other thread that probably caused it to stick out.

^^ It depends on how much you wear it. I have the zip satchel and tote in amethyst, and also the Bridgit in bottle green and amethyst. I had a problem with the first zip satchel (just the stitching when I first got it), and the top handle pilot I initially had, but I haven't had any problems otherwise. I don't carry them a lot, though! It's just I know that there have been reports of wear, etc. I think at the price you can get them for now, it's worth the risk! I just didn't like them at all for FP, you know.

I think we can leave it...it's fine, for now. It was just the entire thing (a lot of the posts and way the list looked) on the other thread that probably caused it to stick out.

Thanks. I'll be more carefull from now on.

Thanks for all your info. Even though I was personally called and she gave those numbers to me to post, it might not have truly been a good idea...especially with her name. I did try to follow up and explain that Coach is in the business to make money, and I can understand hanging on to a line that is doing well. (I don't understand why they would pull colors, like teal and magenta, that people would love to buy.) If you think this whole thread should be deleted I would understand. Also, thanks for your take on the garcia. I was going to try to find the zip satchel in amethyst, but I think I'll hold off if the leather is not wearing well.
I have the 2 handles with the zip middle and the flap in the front with the hidden pocket and used it for almost a month. I didn't see any absurd wear on it either.

Well, well.
Based upon tonight's reveals, I'd say that Coach lies.
Maybe corp lies to the stores, who in turn lie to customers.
But, there's lying going on.

Last edited:
I think the lying is a prerequisite for being an SA there. I was told on the phone by an SA tonight that they were not releasing ANY Op Art anything at the outlets (mean while I've seen the small op art hobo's there, they are CURRENTLY selling op art resort at this minute and I was there this afternoon , SAW op art, and bought op art!!) Man It's getting to the point when I go in, I look at some of them and there is an invisible neon LIAR sign flashing over their forehead as they smile and say "HI" to me.

^Amen to that! Don't take their word, especially over the phone. I have had them tell me something on the phone then when I go in and speak to my fav. SA, they tell me totally different. And always ask because sometimes they have stuff in the back that they don't put out! That's how I scored my teal Madison wallet, nothing Madison was on the floor at the time but I asked and she brought out a bucket full!