New Pocket Bayswater...thoughts?

remainsilly

bye-bye
Aug 15, 2014
http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/whats-new/whats-new-all/pocket-bayswater-black-natural-leather-with-nickel
Hope the above link works. If not, check out m.com, new arrivals, pocket bayswater.
They've added an internal zip pocket @ front of bays! Not sure what I think.

I'm envisioning the suede flap lining being marred by zipper abrasion.
I do keep most-used items @ front of my bays, for easier access--so the design's sensible.
But, it seems quicker to reach in & grab items without zipper pocket fumbling--especially for shoulder-carry.
Might deter some theft, perhaps?

Anyway, not planning to buy--just hadn't heard of this bag & VERY interested in everyone's ideas about it.

Thank you.

I like it! More pockets help me stay organised - although I could imagine it being a bit tricky with a liner.

Also a fan of the external pocket too, don't know if that's a new thing?

Unless I'm having a moment, it's not on the UK website. Weird. I like the idea of it, but knowing me it'd end up making the front sag and bulge in a strange way, if that makes sense? As in anything I put in it would have to be pretty flat.

I saw this bag in person and it's lovely. I was in the market to get my first Mulberry and thought about how practical this was but ended up getting the original Bayswater. I don't think an extra $700+ for a few more compartments was worth it in the end. Just my two cents!

I like it although it doesn't appear to be available in the UK. I'm less likely to lose things in my bag if the internal body is more structured and organized. That's what I've always liked about Radley (British designer). All their bags have a lot of compartments beyond the basic internal slip and zip pockets. I'd like to see this in a wider variety of colors.

I saw this bag in person and it's lovely. I was in the market to get my first Mulberry and thought about how practical this was but ended up getting the original Bayswater. I don't think an extra $700+ for a few more compartments was worth it in the end. Just my two cents!

Was it also a lot heavier, with the extra compartments?

I wouldn't pay that much extra just for more pockets, but I do think they're nice design touches.

I think the US site sometime has stuff first? Their sale always starts before the UK site. Wouldn't imagine it being different enough to be an exclusive design just for America.

Isn't this the same design as last year's (or may be earlier this year's) pocket Bays, but possibly in a different leather?

From memory there was at least one reveal on here, so it's worth searching back a few months. The one I'm thinking of was soft grain leather in two colour options...

Isn't this the same design as last year's (or may be earlier this year's) pocket Bays, but possibly in a different leather?

From memory there was at least one reveal on here, so it's worth searching back a few months. The one I'm thinking of was soft grain leather in two colour options...

It'd be great if someone would comment on how it's been working, since a reveal!
---------------

Also, I'm hoping for opinions about changing the usual bays design--like or not like?
Seems many like the idea of more compartments, so far.

I'm drawn to the old doctor bag shape & smell more than it being super-practical.
Use my bays almost daily & find things needed--but, think it's that comfortable touchstone feeling I really bought.
So, I don't want that to be lost.
Hope that makes sense.

Really appreciate the feedback & look forward to more.