New Pochette Metis.. Questions about the Vachetta...

aslec514

Nov 18, 2012
So I am new to the LV forums... normally a Chanel girl (still am) but the Metis and the Palm Springs mini I just couldn't resist.

So I have a question about the Vachetta... I am a bit scared of it. I used to own a speedy and the handles got really dirty!!

I don't mind it darkening slightly, but I am scared about water stains etc.

I have heard apple gurde might help?

How do you ladies look after it????

I am sure this topic has been done to death, but I would really appreciate some advice!!

Thanks!

I'm with you on this question....
I live in Seattle where it rains often. My solution is to check the weather and just not wear a bag with vachetta when water falls from the sky, I wish more items came with the black leather trim like the palm springs mini.

I have a Tivoli PM in Monogram, Hampstead PM in DA, and Pochette NM in DA that I wear in the spring/summer/fall when it doesn't rain as much.

I've never tried any leather sprays or lotions because I'm afraid the leather will look weird overtime.

Reactions: PennyPurse
Yeh that is also my worry... Wondering if there is any way of cleaning it when it is dirty and if there is a way to protect it from getting dirty?
Can you get it replaced ever???

I believe all Vachetta can be replaced. Apple Guard or Kiwi protect all spray does help to repel water a bit and in my experience it slows the Vachetta darkening process a bit. The pochette Metis is lovely and there is not an abundance of Vachetta [emoji846]

Reactions: PennyPurse and p3b
I used Apple Guard on mine but I’m still cautious about taking it out in the rain. She still looks brand new. I watched Shae Whitney’s YouTube video about it first. It’s controversial, but I won’t do vachetta without Apple Guard anymore (lesson learned with water drops on my speedy). Here’s my PM handle after Apple Guard:
520F5E79-A5D8-4184-B909-87C4178930C8.jpeg

Thanks for this!

Does the Vachetta scratch easily??? Also if it does getting dirty is i possible to clean it?? I think i will give the appl gurde a go.. even though I am a bit nervous....

I used Apple Guard on mine but I’m still cautious about taking it out in the rain. She still looks brand new. I watched Shae Whitney’s YouTube video about it first. It’s controversial, but I won’t do vachetta without Apple Guard anymore (lesson learned with water drops on my speedy). Here’s my PM handle after Apple Guard:
View attachment 4165134
How ofter do you apply the apple guard?