new pochette falling apart is this normal.

That is NOT normal. You go back to the boutiquw where you bought it and ask for an exchange. LV is supposed to exchange items that have such problems when the sale is so recent, only after 5-6 months following purchase do they send it for repairs to have the edging reglazed. I had an accordeon wallet that did this along the fold along the edges and they exchanged it, no questions asked!!! The manager should take care of this for you right away! Perhaps the SA you dealt with did not want to take the time or effort to contact her manager, so go straight to the manager. Do not delay, go back ASAP so that it is still so close to the purchase date! Let us know what happens please.

It was simply a poor sealing job on the vachetta edging, believe me this is not normal. I can tell right away, the leather is so light, the sealing should also be perfect! When the edging is not sealed properly, it degrades really quickly. My accordeon wallet I mentioned just in the above posting was less than a month old and I only used it 3 times! The accordeon I have now, the edging is still perfect and I have now carried it off and on for 2 years. Your is a workmanship defect, period! Be sure to tell her/him that so many of us on TPF agreed its not normal!

It was simply a poor sealing job on the vachetta edging, believe me this is not normal. I can tell right away, the leather is so light, the sealing should also be perfect! When the edging is not sealed properly, it degrades really quickly. My accordeon wallet I mentioned just in the above posting was less than a month old and I only used it 3 times! The accordeon I have now, the edging is still perfect and I have now carried it off and on for 2 years. Your is a workmanship defect, period! Be sure to tell her/him that so many of us on TPF agreed its not normal!
thank you so much!!!

I am so glad i asked this question. i have printed out the whole thread to show them that this is not normal and wont accept anything but a return, exchange or store credit.

the more i think about the more i am just baffled that this happened. if this is so clearly not normal why did LV drop the ball with this.

I just had a look at my 2 pochettes (incl my new roses one) and to my surprise the sealing on the sides is really thin, I never took any notice, also the same on my Galliera. My mono pochette is used as a makeup bag and looks very similar to your pochette, it has separated aswell, though not falling apart as the stitching keeps it together.... my roses pochette looks like it has the start of separating and I have only used it once..... I'll try to post pictures to compare. I'd be interested to see what other pochettes look like in the store.... when you go back make sure you check those for comparison.

UPDATE: I took it into the macy's on 34th street macy's. they were unable to offer a replacement but they will send it to europe for a repair. they will pull out all the red coating and completely redo it.

thank you guys for all your support and info. when it arrives in 4-6 weeks I will post pictures.

Just for interest sake here are the pictures of my 2.....

the mono one has completely separated and the roses glazing is really thin, and just slightly coming apart as you can see in the pictures.....

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 154
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 156
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 145
Just for interest sake here are the pictures of my 2.....

the mono one has completely separated and the roses glazing is really thin, and just slightly coming apart as you can see in the pictures.....
wow!!!

well the mono is certainly older, but i dont know why they are making the glazing thinner. maybe to save money?

I might email these pics to my SA and see what he says.... he's on holidays but back on 26th I think, so I'll let you know how I go. Personally I think the cheaper bags, like pochette and Neverfull in particular are not made with as much care, they are more entry level bags, for example my SA told me they use 3 levels of canvas, the lowest being on the NF.... in saying that the Galliera glazing seems to be quite thin aswell, it's not separating but it's still wearing off and very finely glazed.
I might send my roses back for reglazing now that I've noticed this ~ so thanks for posting this thread! I hope yours comes back like new.