New Pink Leathers Look Dirty?

gpeace

O.G.
Aug 29, 2010
Has anyone else received any new bags/SLG in the petal or hot pink glove tanned leathers and felt they looked dirty?

I ordered both the Dinky and Dinkier from JAX and both look dirty straight out of the box. Here is a photo of the Dinkier before any attempts at cleaning.

IMG_6782.JPG

aundria17

O.G.
May 30, 2009
Has anyone else received any new bags/SLG in the petal or hot pink glove tanned leathers and felt they looked dirty?

I ordered both the Dinky and Dinkier from JAX and both look dirty straight out of the box. Here is a photo of the Dinkier before any attempts at cleaning.

View attachment 3609766
I see what you mean. But is it the graining in the leather ? Not sure it's dirty.....Good luck. Hopefully the cleaning helps ...It would bother me to that it looked dirty.

gpeace

O.G.
Aug 29, 2010
I see what you mean. But is it the graining in the leather ? Not sure it's dirty.....Good luck. Hopefully the cleaning helps ...It would bother me to that it looked dirty.
It seems like a combination of dirt and grain showing through. When I cleaned it, I got some improvement but there still looks to be a faint "dirty" appearance to it which is probably from the grain. I love pink, especially the hot pink and petal so I'm super disappointed that the smooth leather items I've ordered so far all have this look

Reactions: aundria17

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I have the same bag and just took a look. I think it's the glove tanning with the lighter colors. It seems like the grains didn't take a good hold of the color and depending on the smoothness of the leather and size of the grains, some spots look dirty. Yours seems particularly extreme and I understand your disappointment.

I'm keeping mine as I love the shade, but I do think it's going to be a pita to try to keep looking nice.

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
May 7, 2012
That looks like a bad batch of leather, not dirt. I'd take it back to the store and see if you can get a replacement. My first Nomad I received had this type of look on the front panel and when I took it to the store, the manager ended up damaging it out and gave me a new one.

alansgail

Feb 15, 2014
'over the rainbow'
That looks like a bad batch of leather, not dirt. I'd take it back to the store and see if you can get a replacement. My first Nomad I received had this type of look on the front panel and when I took it to the store, the manager ended up damaging it out and gave me a new one.
Agree here, I wouldn't at all be happy with leather that looks like that. I would try to exchange or return. Good luck!

soonergirl

Aug 29, 2012
Oklahoma

View attachment 3609766
This is exactly why I didn't buy the whiplash camel saddle bag. Every one I saw had this same veining/dirty look. My olive Rogue has it too but it's not too noticeable. It's a result of the dying and that particular cut of leather. Everyone is different on what they'll accept as far as looks though.

gpeace

O.G.
Aug 29, 2010
This is exactly why I didn't buy the whiplash camel saddle bag. Every one I saw had this same veining/dirty look. My olive Rogue has it too but it's not too noticeable. It's a result of the dying and that particular cut of leather. Everyone is different on what they'll accept as far as looks though.
It's disappointing that this is acceptable quality for Coach. I've seen some of the Rogues with really bad "zebra stripes" but I didn't connect that it's probably the same issue just showing up differently depending on the color/cut of leather.

My new Dinkier and trifold wallet show up tomorrow and I hope they'll be better. I was able to get a regular Dinky that looks good but even that took a couple of tries.