New or used?

It all depends on so much. My 1st LV was used, but barely. It had been carried a handful of times if that much and it is damier, so, no patina problems to worry about. I prefer barely used because i do not have a lot of money and really would not be able to afford it otherwise. I saved about $200 by buying slightly used.

But, if you can afford it, definitely go new!

i just think that with the speedy, you should buy new... for secondhand, they usually are priced pretty high because they are popular. i've noticed on gently used speedys on ebay (authentic, of course!), they usually go for pretty close to the retail price.

the used ones that are marked down much lower, are usually not in very good condition.

Here is where I stand on USED versus NEW...I have a BH which I bought new -it's my everyday bag, however b/c it is new and it is winter I don't see myself using it everyday...so days it is raining or snowing, I wanted something USED - where I don't have to worry about the leather getting watermarks or anything - b/c it's alredy worn in, so I bought a USED Looping GM and Mini Looping purse for that reason...now I am looking at getting another bag, I could buy used - I am leaning towards new, just b/c I plan on having whatever I decide for a long time - either a Keepall or a speedy 35 or 40....so it just depends, I don't think there is anything wrong buying used. It's a personal preference....good luck with your decision - Let-trade includes shipping in the price, I learned the 2ndhandbag doe NOT - you pay the addl $38 or so for shipping!

Personally, all my LV bags, etc. were purchased new. (Just my preference).

But if you're looking for some patina like some others have mentioned then perhaps used.

Being you're looking into a Speedy...Well, then LOL (my fav LV bag) uhhh....There's no other feeling like a brand spanking new Speedy!!:yes: (OR any new LV for that matter!!!) The feeling, the excitement, the love....:love: :heart:

Your 1st LV??.....I think should be *new*!!! ;) Whether from the boutique or Elux. Both are exciting. The boutique for the experience, etc. Elux for the excitement of an LV coming straight to your door!! This big box of LV just for me??!?!??!?!? Awww.......:girlsigh:

So in conclusion I say >>>>>>>>>>> NEW!:wlae:

Good Luck on whatever you decide, and Congrats!!

depends if you want to beat on it daily, or not. either way, the bag WILL take the beating. But i hate killing the brand new bags with use! I treat them better!
I like used. I like the patina. I like the softness the bag falls into.