New or preowned ?

belou47

O.G.
Nov 9, 2007
Hi ladies and gents,
Do you buy only new items ? Or only preloved ? Or both ?
I am about to buy a preloved bag (the Trevi wich is discontinued) but I am afraid of this and I would like to know if it is common to "mix" origins...
Thanks for your input !

Hi ladies and gents,
Do you buy only new items ? Or only preloved ? Or both ?
I am about to buy a preloved bag (the Trevi wich is discontinued) but I am afraid of this and I would like to know if it is common to "mix" origins...
Thanks for your input !
I've personally only bought new up to this point, but there's nothing wrong with pre-loved, especially if it's a discontinued or LE piece. A lot of member here on the forum 'blend' their collections, especially if they're seasoned collectors or are new to the brand and testing the waters to see if they like it.

I've had excellent luck buying preloved from a FB group I'm a member of. Very nice, honest, fair people.
I would echo the "check authenticity" sentiment as have seen several fakes posted on FB sites, some really bad ones too.

But to answer your question OP then my collection is mixed. If you miss out on a piece you love (there were too many other things to buy at the time or something just passed you by) then pre-loved is an excellent way to plug that gap. I have been collecting LV for over 20 years now and am currently hunting down 2 discontinued epi pieces; I suspect it will take a while but, sometimes, that's just part of the fun!

Reactions: LoVe and Pmrbfay
Both :yes:
It depends on the bag for me. I really wanted the pochette metis but didn't want to buy pre-loved in case mine developed an issue, so I bought it new from LV. I bought a mono Speedy b 30 pre-loved from Yoogi's and love it - the leather strap is sooo soft and comfy!

I buy both pre-loved and new. If the purse in question is discontinued, in "excellent" to "like new" condition and save me 25-30% retail...why not. If it's the newer line LV just introduced, I stick to buying new just for the sole purpose of having record incase I run into issues. Quality is not what it use to be and I'm not just talking about LV.

Both, but I used to prefer buying new, if I had the funds. However, I've had such bad luck with the quality for some months that, in general, I'm currently feeling safer buying preloved. It depends on the item, though. I wouldn't buy a preloved Pochette Métis, for example, because this bag has some known issues, but I'd buy a mono Neverfull without a problem.

My experience is similar to most posters. I have purchased pre-loved to get my dream bag that I missed the first time around, and have bought new for a new style that I liked. Thanks for letting me share.

Reactions: 1LV
I purchase both. I only buy preloved from a few reputible sites but lately I haven't seen anything I want and there's are so many new items out I have been buying new..

I've only ever purchased new, but since this was discontinued I say look at the sellers feedback to assure they're honest. Ask for additional pictures if you have any concerns. And try to buy from a seller who offers returns. If you see lots of pictures, then you're probably going to be very happy with your purchase because you'll know exactly what you're getting :smile:.

I have done both. Usually for discontinued items with an occasional deal with newer items. But please authenticate it. And I know some say a receipt doesn't matter in terms of authenticity, but I try to request it for repair purpose because some SA's will ask for a receipt (mine did) before a repair. It not the rule but some stores try to implement their own rules at times. So if ur store doesn't care about receipts, then once u authenticate it go for it. But please ask questions (not over the top) and request clear pics for authentication purposes if that's missing. Tell the seller this and if they hesitate or grumble, walk away. Also don't take the transaction off eBay. eBay is very good to the buyer with regards to protection but u lose that once u go off site to save $ which some sellers try to do (not allowed on eBay). Good luck!

Both new and preowned! I'm more than happy to buy new (especially in Europe where you can save so much from US prices), but I've also saved over 40% on a pre-owned Pegase suitcase and an Agenda. As the others have said, you just have to be diligent in getting things authenticated!

Reactions: Pmrbfay