New Olympic Event: eBay buy, return to FP w/gift receipt--I won the GOLD!

albeli

COACH Girl
Jul 25, 2012
I am so freaking excited I have to share!

I got a GORGEOUS gray Baby Sage off the Bay, and it arrived a few days ago and I really did love her, but she just seemed too large for me. I'm really small--4'10", 105, size 5 shoe, yada yada. I just couldn't understand how the measurements are so close to Sophia, which I carry all the time, but she seemed huge on me.

Well, when she arrived I was about to toss the shipping box into recycling, but saw the packing slip inside, and lo and behold, stapled to it was a GIFT RECEIPT from an Atlantic City, NJ FP store!

After mulling it over several days (and ordering the diagonal pleated gray Sophia), I decided to part with BS, but I wanted to know how much the gift receipt was for.

So I go in, and the SAs who know me already knew my birthday was in July, so they assumed it was a gift to me. I explained I love her, but too big for me, etc.

So after some oooing and ahhing over the bag they check the gift receipt.

$498

:nuts:

Isn't that full price???

So I took the store credit because that's two Ben Franklins more than I paid!

I ordered a couple items that have been on my wish list. The New Willis in Gray/Blush, and the Sophia ballet flats in black.

And I still have close to 80 samolians in store credit!

Talk about sticking the landing! I'm ready for my gold medal, please. :biggrin:

Attachments

• image-3458186034.jpg
    image-3458186034.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,161
  • image-1858443354.jpg
    image-1858443354.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,156
Last edited:
Good for you! What was that seller thinking? I remember once I bought something on ebay and I was just curious about how much the gift receipt was for so I checked it and it was worth more than I paid too.

I'm small too, so I appreciate hearing that Baby Sage probably wouldn't work for me either. I love Sophia because she looks so small!

Good for you! What was that seller thinking? I remember once I bought something on ebay and I was just curious about how much the gift receipt was for so I checked it and it was worth more than I paid too.

I'm small too, so I appreciate hearing that Baby Sage probably wouldn't work for me either. I love Sophia because she looks so small!

I was SHOCKED when they told me $498! I was sure it would be less than I paid, but the curiosity was killing me. I have no idea why the seller would do that! Maybe it really was a gift and they didn't have a store nearby? Thank goodness I checked before trying to sell or trade it elsewhere.

albeli said:
I am so freaking excited I have to share!

I got a GORGEOUS gray Baby Sage off the Bay, and it arrived a few days ago and I really did love her, but she just seemed too large for me. I'm really small--4'10", 105, size 5 shoe, yada yada. I just couldn't understand how the measurements are so close to Sophia, which I carry all the time, but she seemed huge on me.

Well, when she arrived I was about to toss the shipping box into recycling, but saw the packing slip inside, and lo and behold, stapled to it was a GIFT RECEIPT from an Atlantic City, NJ FP store!

After mulling it over several days (and ordering the diagonal pleated gray Sophia), I decided to part with BS, but I wanted to know how much the gift receipt was for.

So I go in, and the SAs who know me already knew my birthday was in July, so they assumed it was a gift to me. I explained I love her, but too big for me, etc.

So after some oooing and ahhing over the bag they check the gift receipt.

$498

:nuts:

Isn't that full price???

So I took the store credit because that's two Ben Franklins more than I paid!

I ordered a couple items that have been on my wish list. The New Willis in Gray/Blush, and the Sophia ballet flats in black.

And I still have close to 80 samolians in store credit!

Talk about sticking the landing! I'm ready for my gold medal, please. :biggrin:

Applause applause. Great deal!