New Oak Legacy NVT Leather?

On the Iris the leather it doesn’t feel thin. I’ll keep this thread posted. I’ve been using it for a month, and so far it’s been great.
please do I genuinely would love to see how they wear I have over 100 old style mulberry from 2000 to 2015 before the leather worsened and I stopped buying for me mulberry is now on par with far lesser ranges at premier prices and I won’t play ball

Reactions: gichca21
Just bought the narrow zip coin purse to hold earphones! I just wanted a small piece of this limited edition collection and I’m so looking forward to it arriving. I’ve got quite a structured formal style so the old leather was always too casual for me in a bag.

Lily medium in Oak Legacy NVT. I really love it - although I wish it was a bit more structured. I bought the Bayswater in the exact same leather some weeks before the Lily and it is way more structured. The Bayswater is perfect unlined, but I think the Lily medium would have been even better lined. But it stays :smile:

56FC9E5C-6860-46FA-BB67-EE50FC921ECB.jpeg

Last edited:
I fear this new leather won’t wear well it’s a thin layer of leather that will soon wear through

I do not agree with you. I compared this new NVT leather (my Bayswater) with my sisters Bayswater with the old NVT leather, and the new leather seems just as durable as the new one. In fact the new leather seems way more resistant to scratches and moisture I think. That said, I think I like the look of the old leather better. Sadly I was too late to the party for the old NVT ;)

I do not agree with you. I compared this new NVT leather (my Bayswater) with my sisters Bayswater with the old NVT leather, and the new leather seems just as durable as the new one. In fact the new leather seems way more resistant to scratches and moisture I think. That said, I think I like the look of the old leather better. Sadly I was too late to the party for the old NVT ;)

Give it time - look at it again in a year then 10 years if the new one is still intact and compare

I agree. I’ve used my new NVT Bayswater as a daily work bag since I got it last year. Torrential rain on occasions and it’s been bumped into countless doorframes (I tend to wear it on my shoulder and I’m small!). I keep expecting to see a scuffed corner, but nope, nothing!). Also although I don’t have an old NVT to compare it to (although my work colleague has one with exposed piping on corners) mine weighs approx 1.3KG (roughly the same as the Birkin 35 I had) so I’m not convinced it’s an especially thin leather!

I got the Lily in Oak Legacy NVT last year. It seems to be nice quality leather for the price in the context of the inflated handbag market. I never had one of the original NVT bags so I can't make a comparison. I don't think any higher end designers are going to be the quality they used to be again because the handbag market has just become too profitable for companies to put serious effort into quality. But Mulberry remains one of the higher quality brands for the price point in my opinion. I do think that Gucci's quality has actually improved though, which is a rarity.

I agree. I’ve used my new NVT Bayswater as a daily work bag since I got it last year. Torrential rain on occasions and it’s been bumped into countless doorframes (I tend to wear it on my shoulder and I’m small!). I keep expecting to see a scuffed corner, but nope, nothing!). Also although I don’t have an old NVT to compare it to (although my work colleague has one with exposed piping on corners) mine weighs approx 1.3KG (roughly the same as the Birkin 35 I had) so I’m not convinced it’s an especially thin leather!
Hi! Interesting that you use the Bays legacy NVT all the time as I am thinking to buy one for work too, do you find it is heavy on the shoulder? Thanks

Hi! Interesting that you use the Bays legacy NVT all the time as I am thinking to buy one for work too, do you find it is heavy on the shoulder? Thanks
It's not especially light and I have had more comfortable bags for carrying on the shoulder (due to the shape of the handles). But I haven't really found it an issue.
I walk a three mile round trip to work every day, rain or shine! It's more comfortable with a coat or suit jacket, but I have carried it recently in temperatures of up to around 38c wearing a light vest top and it's been fine. I carry a fair amount of stuff too (although not a laptop) so I do tend to weigh it down more than I perhaps should!
It's also softened quite a bit so fits more comfortably under my arm now due to that. I absolutely love the colour of it glistening in the late afternoon sunshine, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite bags!
I keep meaning to take a new photo as it's been nearly a year of constant four days a week use and I love how it's ageing, still smells phenomenal too every time I open it! :lol:

Reactions: jennalovesbags