New & Never Used bag looks used????

Lovely4

Apr 28, 2008
I know that there is another thread going on but didn't want to interfere with their post...

Ok. Having a problem with a Seller. I bought an Limited Edition Bag and very hard to find. But the handles look as if the bag has been carried.
The handles (leather) two different shades; One side is lighter than the other, and there are a few stains and scratches.

She said that she never carried it. Only been stored in it's dustbag & box, and only taken out for pictures? It's authentic - so not worried about that.

Seller is defensive and not so friendly. :confused1:

I know that there is another thread going on but didn't want to interfere with their post...

Ok. Having a problem with a Seller. I bought an Limited Edition Bag and very hard to find. But the handles look as if the bag has been carried.
The handles (leather) two different shades; One side is lighter than the other, and there are a few stains and scratches.

She said that she never carried it. Only been stored in it's dustbag & box, and only taken out for pictures? It's authentic - so not worried about that.

Seller is defensive and not so friendly. :confused1:

I have similar experience ( other thread you mentioned ) but you experience certainly sounds worse. The outside of my bag is perfect. If I were you I think I would either ask for partial refund or return.

Wait and see what the seller says to your e-mail with pics to prove this, if they don't respond or are very defensive about it, then definitely take it a step further.

I would definitely open a SNAD dispute through PP and eBay. That is just ridiculous. There is no way that bag is brand new when the handles look that used. Sorry.

Even a return to a department store should have been caught with handles like that.

I'm not sure if this is the situation,but maybe if the bag is old but never used it may have some discoloration. I have seen some new bags at Saks that don't look brand new.

Its really difficult when the seller is defensive sometimes. Some of us just dont like sounding confrontational. If you are not happy, though, you need to tell that to the seller. Try to say it in a really nice way and see what she offers you. Even if the bag hasnt been used she should have mentioned any discolouration. Good luck with it.