New Navy Blue Suede Declics...Ehhhh...

Vixxen

I'll take them!
Aug 3, 2008
So, I ordered the new navy blue suede Declics from Saks last week and waited for them with so much anxiety and excitement I thought I was going to die! Well, I received them today and they are just...ehhh. I guess I just expected more. To me, they are nothing special. I think I just picked the wrong color. I should have gone with a vibrant pink or purple. These are going back to Saks tomorrow.:tdown:

i'm sorry. i ordered those too but from nm. could you please post a pic? i really like the green ones. i'm assuming the color is the same as on the green suede new simple. i was thinking about canceling the navy's and. the pink ones are gorgeous! i hope you get the ones you want.

That's comforting, Sara. I thought I remembered that someone had already seen them in person when I ordered. And I already have the fuschias, so my eye-catching shoes are taken care of!

Girls, I didn't have time to take a picture between last night and this morning (I just read all of the posts right now) and I am returning them today at lunch. In terms of the color, it is very dark and there is no richness to it. For me, it is way too basic of a color to pay $700+ for. It is a pretty shoe, but I am sure it is much more stunning in vibrant colors such as fuchsia, yellow and purple. This is one of the few Christian Louboutins I feel was just average.

That's too bad. I would have loved to see them. I'll just find them next month. But so you know, suede is a matte fabric in appearance, so I'm not surprised if they didn't look as bold as you'd expect. It's very different than a leather or satin shoe, so the colour will always be a bit muted.

Yes, but I have many, many, many suede shoes in lots of colors, including blues, browns and blacks (such as the black suede Rolando) and the colors are very rich and vibrant. The blue suede Rolandos are suede, but the color is deep and rich. Like I said, this just was not the color, tone, hue, etc. for me. It's a gorgeous shoe and a great color, but it just did not take my breath away like most CLs do. I'm sure all the other gals that bought them will disagree with me, but I am just saying it was the first shoe I was NOT giddy for.

Last edited: