New Monogram Canvas - what should I get?

Which new monogram canvas bag should I buy?

• MC Galliera PM

• Thames GM

• Speedy 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 30, 2010
Hi ladies, I'm selling my monogram hudson pm so I can fund a new monogram canvas bag.

I'm stuck in trying to decide on which bag to buy:

Galleira PM
Thames GM
Speedy 30

I'm concerned about the Galliera because it's a tote and I would hate for the rain to get into any of the items of my purse.

I'm concerned about the Thames GM because it won't sit up like I would like for it to.

The other option would be to buy a monogram canvas speedy 30, but everyone has that bag, right?

Any opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated! ;)

sugarcookie72

Cuddly Bag Monkey
O.G.
Jul 20, 2007
I voted for the Galliera. It has a classic shape and is easy to throw over your shoulder.

deepott

O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
Downunder
Hi I have the Thames GM and it does stand up on its own I don't know about the Galleria though but the speedy is a great bag also.

Nov 30, 2010
Hi I have the Thames GM and it does stand up on its own I don't know about the Galleria though but the speedy is a great bag also.
Deepott, do you love your Thames GM? I tried it out in the store with all my stuff and when I zipped it closed it was crooked. I'm assuming it was because I put too much stuff in it? Do you have the same problem with your Thames? Thanks for the feedback! :smile:

Nov 30, 2010
Hi ladies, I'm selling my monogram hudson pm so I can fund a new monogram canvas bag.

I'm stuck in trying to decide on which bag to buy:

Galleira PM
Thames GM
Speedy 30

I'm concerned about the Galliera because it's a tote and I would hate for the rain to get into any of the items of my purse.

I'm concerned about the Thames GM because it won't sit up like I would like for it to.

The other option would be to buy a monogram canvas speedy 30, but everyone has that bag, right?

Any opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated! ;)
I should add that I just recently bought the Idylle Speedy 30 in Fusain, and I'm not sure if it makes sense to buy another speedy, especially ones so common.

deepott

O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
Downunder
Hi yes I really do love my Thames GM bag it is a really comfy shoulder bag and it stays of the shoulder without slipping as for the zip it is a little wavy but to tell you the truth I never notice it I think this happens to people when they over fill the bag but I do find that it fits quite a lot of stuff and because it has a wide opening its easy to see the contents anyway I am sure that you will love the bag I have had no regrets with it good luck to you.

ParisLV

A little getaway
Dec 22, 2010
I have the Galliera - love it! But the Speedy is classic. However, if you are concerned about the weather, why not buy Damier?

Nov 30, 2010
I have the Galliera - love it! But the Speedy is classic. However, if you are concerned about the weather, why not buy Damier?
I figured I would get a monogram canvas because I have a damier ebene sistina and eva clutch. I thought since I was selling a monogram that I would replace it. Although the Galliera in Damier Azure does sound tempting! :biggrin:

ParisLV

A little getaway
Dec 22, 2010
I figured I would get a monogram canvas because I have a damier ebene sistina and eva clutch. I thought since I was selling a monogram that I would replace it. Although the Galliera in Damier Azure does sound tempting! :biggrin:
I Love Damier. I carried Mono for years and the minute the leather got a mark, I passed it off to a friend or family member. I just don't like the way the leather stains, even with just water... so I tried Damier and now I have tons of it, including luggage. My point - you can never have too much Damier and the Damier Galliera is Stunning! Wish I had that instead!:nuts: