New mono canvas pouchette....

LVpug

Jul 28, 2006
My new mono canvas pouchette has a chemical smell to it...anyone have any issues with mono canvas a chemical odour....all my other mono canvas is perfect...not sure why this piece which looks perfect has a slight chemical smell....:sad: it is turning me off of mono canvas now...:sad:...LV quality is sometimes hit or miss, maybe it is too mass produced now...:shrugs:

almost like a burnt smell...I have had four other people smell it and they agree that it has a burnt chemical smell and it is not a figment of my imagination...I returned it a month ago for a new one and put it in my closet with all my other bags and pulled it out for the holidays and it smells awful..all of my other bags mono four of them smell fine...just this stupid pouchette...my partner thinks that maybe they sent me back the one that I set them...anyhow I put a call in to my LV SA and told them to send it to head office because this is bullsh*t...I will not use it or put it in my other bags...head office must have a quality control division...the piece is perfect other than the smell...I refuse to use it I am picky about those sorts of things and do not want to throw it out so, let LV take care of it...when you spend so much there should not be these issues...none of my Gucci or Prada's have odours...maybe it is defective...I will make them send it to head office because my only other option is throwing it away....300 dollars in the garbage.....I am so fustrated by this...:sad:...LV should insist on excellent quality considering the price point....

All LV bags and textile accessories I've gotten have a certain smell due to the material (like Vernis always has a new car/leather smell). It really can't be avoided but if it bothers you that much, then either crumple up some newspaper, put it inside and zip the bag closed for awhile (it'll absorb the smell), or put some full coffee beans in a Ziploc bag, set the bag upright and zip it closed. Then leave it for a few days and the smell should be gone if you use that method too.

all of my mono bags have that new bag smell...my pouchette on the other hand is horrible I cannot explain it..no way they will take it back or I will throw it out...I am not carrying around something with a horrible burnt chemical smell NO WAY...LV better step up because this is ridiculous and unacceptable to say the least....

Burnt chemical smell...? I have no idea what that smells like because I've never had a chemical burn in my labs but it definitely sounds good. I have a bag that does smell bad but I keep using it anyway.

Burnt chemical smell...? I have no idea what that smells like because I've never had a chemical burn in my labs but it definitely sounds good. I have a bag that does smell bad but I keep using it anyway.

I refuse to use a new bag that I paid full price for that smells by my standards and those around me...quality control must be slipping with LV...I pay a lot and have basic expectations like no weird odours....

LVpug, if it does not smell like a new Monogram should. I would call HQ up and send it back to them with an indignant letter rather than throwing it away. LV will step up when a buyer is incense enough. They would not like to be embarrass about their products if they were hiding some items that were douse with some chemical by accident after production.

LVpug, if it does not smell like a new Monogram should. I would call HQ up and send it back to them with an indignant letter rather than throwing it away. LV will step up when a buyer is incense enough. They would not like to be embarrass about their products if they were hiding some items that were douse with some chemical by accident after production.
Thanks Pinki...that is what I will do. It is odd that they would send out an item that has an odour. It is unacceptable and I am going to send it to HQ so that this does not happen to anyone else.