New mom washable top ideas

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm a new mom, and my son just turned 3 months old, which means that I went back to work recently. Pre-baby and during pregnancy, my style was one of the following:

1. Printed or textured feminine skirts (knee length or maxi), with single color silk knit tops, a nice knit cardigan (anything from Anthropologie to Chanel) and a thin, lightweight jacket (Helmut Lang or Dolce & Gabbana leather jackets or Isabel Marant, Chanel or Nanette Lepore knit jackets) and nice flats.
    -Or-
    2. Same general idea, but printed or more detailed top paired with a solid color maxi or knee length skirt and flats.
    -Or-
    3. Stretch silk knee-length dress with knit cardigan and flats.

Now that I am back at work, and pumping at work (so separates work better than dresses), I have worn some variation of style option #1 every day and I need some help! I need some ideas for washable tops (because there are inevitably some "drops" that get on the top) that are also have some style to them. Also keep in mind that I wear non-structured skirts, not pants 99.9% of the time, so blousey tops may be a more difficult match. I have been wearing "throw away" stretch-knit, poly-cotton blend, v-neck, washable tops from Macy's every day in every color variety imaginable (same top, 10+ colors!) with skirt/cardi/jacket/flats every day for the past 2 weeks and I am getting sick of it. It is very boring new-mom attire. However, I do live in Seattle, so standards are low!
    Any stylish but washable top ideas to mix and match with loose, flowy skirts will be greatly appreciated!

2. For pumping at work, I would recommend undercover mama tank tops and just wear whatever shirt you want over them and take off the shirt to pump.

3. Great idea! Thanks. I have been lifting up the bottom half of my shirt and draping with a shawl to pump, which is still a bit awkward on days when I have a shared office. When I am in my own office I just take off my shirt and lock the door :smile: