New mini spy or old mini spy?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Old mini spy or new mini spy?

1. Old mini with zip

2. New mini with flap

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sorry everyone, I have been posting madly with a million questions about mini spies. It is love!:heart:

I am thinking I would prefer the old mini spy with the zip for practicality but the new mini spy with the flap is a bit better looking.

Have you had both? Please let me know what your experience has been. I've set up a poll to so drop in and let me know what you think.

If you need pics let me know and I'll post some.

2. I would go for the 'old' one, because I personally prefer zippered bags and also love the look of the old one better than the spy in mini size...
    I have thought about getting a spy for a long time, but recently got the baby with zipper, because I love the size and that it closes completely.

3. I personally think the old os much better. I don't like the new one personally, I think it looks too much like the regular size. As another member put it a while ago, it's like Fendi bowed to pressure to create a smaller spy that still looked like the regular size.

4. I prefer the old version as well. I think the new baby spy is cute, especially on very petite women, but when I see it in person, it's just not for me. Maybe I'm just too used to the design in the larger size. The mini spy to me is sortof like dollhouse furniture -- kinda cool and cute because it's mini, but not really much use for anything except looking at it!

5. My vote is for the old one as well.

6. Wow, I can't believe everyone is voting fo the old one but I am pleased. Should be able to save myself a lot of $$$$$!

7. i'd say the older one too, and even though it's the mini version, it's still actually holds quite a lot when you need it to

8. I had the old one...loved it and only sold it because I thought the multi brown colored one would be more versatile...it wasn't and I've regretted selling the black zip top one every since. Get the old zipper style...LOVE it!

9. I own the older style baby in the grey/taupe.... I have not owned or held the new version, but the zippered style is very roomy and easy to get in and out of - I'm not sure how it compares with the newer version, although for looks I think the new baby spy looks very sweet - I suggest you go with whichever one excites you more!

10. Thank you for all you advice. At the moment I am thinking the old one. Regrettably I have to think of some practicalities. I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old so I am always carrying one and chasing the other. Whilst I could overlook the fact the mini spy is not really a shoulder bag and hence my hands won't be as free as I would like, I think I am leaning towards the old bag because of the zip.

And quite frankly, I think it is hugely overpriced for a small leather handbag - nearly $2000 Australian. For me about $1000 is my mental limit for a bag! So an oldie suits my needs and my price limit.

11. #11 Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    I think the new one is cute, but the old one is great cos of the zip. I asked this in the other baby spy thread but I was wondering about how many US$ does a new (as in not used) baby spy cost in the shops (old or new style)?

Thank you! :wlae:

12. Alixis, my research is that there were some old ones being sold in Fendi stores before Xmas for around $500-$600 US. I think the new ones are about $1240 US. I know the new ones are $1860 Australian.

13. Are the old ones still being sold at Fendi boutiques/stores? Sorry I'm new!

14. I have only seen the new mini spys on pix, not irl - but with that in mind, I would opt for the old mini. Fantastic style

15. I don't really like the look of the new baby spy. I love the old baby spy. The hobos are pretty cool also.