Tech New mini laptops

Are you talking about that new Sony one or whatever that was profiled recently? It looks cool but at $950 and not enough of the functions that I need, it really isn't practical fo rme. Real estate however is a totally different field so I am thinking practicality from my perspective is really a moot point. I would likely wait just a bit... I'm assuming that they may be a bit buggy since it is so new so you may want to wait for them to work out a few kinks. Also, you wouldn't want it to be the next "iPhone" where the price drops after only a few months.

My father has one - it's an Acer and he paid like $300 for it. It's very cool and it seems to run well. Probably depends on what kind of programs you want to run on it. For simple internet and email, it works great.

I just bought a HP Mini 1030 for 399.99 at best buy Saturday when I took my laptop in as my niece spilled water all over it and really needed something for school as I'm waiting for mine to be replaced or fixed hoping replaced. I'll take pics in a few.

Asus were the original umpc with their 7" screen. They have a great reputation with their 8.9" 901s. It's about the same size, just expanded to full screen. Only 2 lbs. There are others with different features at dif prices. I paid a little more but i wanted the 7 hr battery, bluetooth, and webcam. If you do a google search there are sites that do a good comparisson so you can see what works for you.

I just bought a HP Mini 1030 for 399.99 at best buy Saturday when I took my laptop in as my niece spilled water all over it and really needed something for school as I'm waiting for mine to be replaced or fixed hoping replaced. I'll take pics in a few.

This is the exact one I was looking at! It is so cute!

All I would really need it for is email, and internet. I was kinda bummed it didnt have a DVD player, but then I remembered, hello I can just buy a flash drive and store my movies on there! and plug that in!

Here is HPs:

Click here to see the HP mini

Last edited:
i'm really liking the new sony p, though it's pricier than the other netbooks but it's not *really* a netbook since it runs full vista. the specs are a little crappy and the batt life is low, but it's pretty sleek looking and ultra light (1.5 lbs i think). you can also hook it up to a monitor for at home use then pop it in your bag for on the go use. my only hesitation is it's not powerful at all and the batt will die pretty quickly.

i have the acer eee one and i loveeeee it! Perfect size for "starbuck usage"!! Def shop around though...i know they have a couple models, either with extra memory or a imbedded webcam -- same price but i chose more memory over a camera! :smile: