New mini from boutique?

Malieash.N

Oct 27, 2019
Hi I got this Mini rectangular in black lambskin yesterday. It’s fresh from the boutique, I ordered it by phone and got it sent to me. Anyway, there is a scratch on the front flap as per photos, what do you guys think? Would you return for a new one? or it would go away with the finger buffing? If return, will I be able to swap it to a new bag easily? What is the Chanel return policy? I insert the photos below. Please help.

F4F4A04C-2DCC-4DD4-AB25-C2A851E7DA2C.jpeg

0D8CDDE4-F984-4C89-9584-53E1D026632F.jpeg

6DD2C81B-2F7D-4746-BC28-DF175479367D.jpeg

6FEF6AEF-E2C1-4728-98FF-9820DC61D7E1.jpeg

F4FB2017-BD4C-4D5C-B398-CE0BC7BA33BA.jpeg

It looks like a surface scratch to me... Have you tried to buff it out? Lambskin is notorious for surface scratches but they are buffed fairly easily. If it doesn't buff out, I might try to exchange. It'd bother me on a brand new bag I didn't do myself.

Lambskin is easy to buff out. I received my reissue mini (calfskin) with a scratch on it and it buffed right out. Lambskin is supposed to be easier to buff out. The quilting on your bag looks beautiful and puffy. A lot of the recent lambskin minis have more deflated quilting. If I were you, I'd keep it because of the puffy quilting, and then just try to buff out the scratch with your thumb.

Chanel return / exchange policy depends on where you are. In Canada there are no returns, only exchanges or store credit, and shipping is not free both ways.

Reactions: Malieash.N
I would personally keep it because your mini looks amazing otherwise. I heard of worse defects/scratches and yours look super light. You might be able to buff it out. We’re allowed to return/exhaust within 14 days and minis are a bit difficult to get as they’re seasonal pieces

You might wanna try buffing it out with a leather cleaner or balm. I used the one from Collini and Renapur Leather Balsam. I had a "mark" on my lamb mini the other day and I managed to buff it out with the Collini leather cleaner, then the balm on top to restore suppleness.

Thanks guys, I decided to keep it. The scratch is so tiny and not bother me that much but I am just not sure if that’s common for a boutique fresh Chanel bag. I also saw a video of someone who got a new mini from the boutique and the condition is worse than mine. Anyway, I am happy that I can score this bag after I had been hunting for it for a long time.

Thanks guys, I decided to keep it. The scratch is so tiny and not bother me that much but I am just not sure if that’s common for a boutique fresh Chanel bag. I also saw a video of someone who got a new mini from the boutique and the condition is worse than mine. Anyway, I am happy that I can score this bag after I had been hunting for it for a long time.
Good choice. Boutique fresh can be a returned item, I have seen bags in way worse conditions in the boutique.