New Mini Antigona would you return - lettering issue & spotted metal

niclo

Jul 15, 2011
Okay, so I just received this calf skin mini antigona from luisaviaroma, thinking it would be better to order there versus the boutiques through Farfetch, as the boutiques might have the bags out on the floor and who knows who handles them. I was so disappointed with the quality of the bag I received.

Has the quality of Antigonas gone down hill in general or just on the minis or just this one I received? I compared this bag to two small Antigonas I own that are pristine. As you can see, there is extra metal sticking out around the "G" the "E" and the "Y". Also the "Y" looks a lot lower than the other letters.

I removed the wrapping around the metal clip and it is spotted and scratched.

I'm so disappointed, parts of me really thinks this bag looks like it was Made in China to be sold at outlets. Am I being too picky? What do other mini owners thinks? Would you return this? I got a small discount on this, 15%, but I don't think that justifies Luisaviaroma.com sending me the one in the worst condition. But it is such a hassle to ship it back internationally. *Sigh* What do you guys think? Is this the standard mini quality? Should I just suck it up?

Attachments

• 20141002_083959.jpg
    20141002_083959.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 20141002_083828.jpg
    20141002_083828.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 20141002_083853.jpg
    20141002_083853.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 423
  • 20141002_085531.jpg
    20141002_085531.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 20141002_085442.jpg
    20141002_085442.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Okay, so I just received this calf skin mini antigona from luisaviaroma, thinking it would be better to order there versus the boutiques through Farfetch, as the boutiques might have the bags out on the floor and who knows who handles them. I was so disappointed with the quality of the bag I received.

Has the quality of Antigonas gone down hill in general or just on the minis or just this one I received? I compared this bag to two small Antigonas I own that are pristine. As you can see, there is extra metal sticking out around the "G" the "E" and the "Y". Also the "Y" looks a lot lower than the other letters.

I removed the wrapping around the metal clip and it is spotted and scratched.

I'm so disappointed, parts of me really thinks this bag looks like it was Made in China to be sold at outlets. Am I being too picky? What do other mini owners thinks? Would you return this? I got a small discount on this, 15%, but I don't think that justifies Luisaviaroma.com sending me the one in the worst condition. But it is such a hassle to ship it back internationally. *Sigh* What do you guys think? Is this the standard mini quality? Should I just suck it up?

No, this is not indicative of the quality of the mini. I have seen perfect pristine minis that would make you swoon. I would send it back. You payed perfectly good money and deserve a perfect bag. Sometimes I wonder what goes through the head of whomever ships defective items. I have received an Ant with multiple liquid stains (BIG ONES!) and darkened rub marks in multiple spots. You got a dud and that is all. Don't give up. Your perfect mini is out there.

Reactions: Stormy C
No don't give up! My mini ant is my favorite bag and it's in pristine condition since the day I bought it. Here's my opinion on the minis.... They look very cheap when you get the smooth calf leather. It's a whole a ballpark of luxury when you see it in the goatskin. I just bought my pandora at holt renfrew today, and saw 2 minis both in calf leather and I was sooo thankful I had the goatskin, the others looked like they were fake.

Send it back. I mean, you don't like it. It doesn't really matter what the specific issues are. You shouldn't have to keep a bag that you find disappointing.

The fact that the Y is noticeably lower would make me send it back right away. The extra random metal around the other letters make me cringe a little inside. Send it back!! You can find the perfect one for sure, it's not that hard to come by

Reactions: Stormy C