New Midnight MAB Just Arrived

cdpug

Oct 14, 2006
The UPS man just dropped off the Midnight Morning After Bag from Luna Boston. I'm not sure. I love the bag style and size but the leather....I'm undecided here. Of course, in the flash of the camera it looks shinier than it is. It has a very sturdy, substantial feel to it. I would not say it is stiff, because it does slump a little when you set it down, but it does have some form. My daughter (10) loves the bag. I don't know what to do. I figure I'll never get my hands on a MAB in Night (the shade/leather that I really wanted), so do I keep this one in Midnight? What do you think? What would you do? Again, it is not as shiny as it appears with the flash going off.

Attachments

• IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1930.JPG
    IMG_1930.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1931.JPG
    IMG_1931.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 169
I understand about the leather thing.. but if I were you I would at least try it out. Give it a few days and see if you grow to love it.

I say this because there have been a couple times I bought a bag and when I received it I didn't love at first glance like I thought I would but the two bags I felt this way about have become my favorite! I think we put a lot of pressure and expectations on our bags as we wait for them to arrive and sometimes it doesn't live up to what we think *at first glance*. Don't may any rash decisions by sending it back right away but if you still feel the same than you have every right to return it.

I love teh Night leather too but granted I haven't seen the Midnight so I may like it just as much.. I hope you find peace in whatever you decide!

You know, the best way to describe this leather is, that it is very much like a motorcycle jacket. If you are at all familiar with that. When my husband got his motorcycle jacket (years ago) it had a bit of a sheen to it. It wasn't a shiny finish, but it did have a "finished" look to it. That is what this leather looks like. I wonder if, with use, this leather will break in and get that worn look? I just dumped out the papers and put my stuff in it and the bag will slump/slouch down when you set it on a surface. I wouldn't really say it is a structured bag.

Wow, I absolutely love it. I would keep it, but if you don't grow to love it in a few days or a week return it and keep your eyes open on ebay for a night MAB. OR wait for the fall colors, I think a new black is coming out then too.

RM bags tend to soften up more with wear, so I bet it will get more slouchy the more you use it. I think it looks great in the photos. It's got a glazed look to it, but I wouldn't say it's too shiny by any means.

It depends on your personal preference, in the end. But I just wanted to say that I think it looks awesome on you (and your little girl--so cute rockin the RM!) :amuse:

I think you should keep the bag. It looks great on you. Also i have a night bag, and they both look exactly the same IMO. The sheen on this one is great. The night may be a bit softer, but it varies because of the glazing. Anyhow- your bag will break in. Give it a few days.

I don't know -- that bag looks very nice! You ladies are workin it.

I'm still trying to catch up on the differences between blacks. Are you looking for the smooshier texture? I know one of the blacks is smooshier than the other...