New Member Starting a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks. That's nice. Some people come here with one specific question and it must have been a pain to have to wait to ask it. I thought originally the reason new members couldn't start a thread was to cut down on the spam.

Okay, thanks. That's nice. Some people come here with one specific question and it must have been a pain to have to wait to ask it. I thought originally the reason new members couldn't start a thread was to cut down on the spam.

It was. I just realized I welcomed a spammer who posted a thread with only one post. I replied, even though I had a strange feeling about his/hers first post. Should have listened to my gut feeling :amuse:

It was a policy for a while. I noticed a lot of new members inquiring and eager about being able to start their own threads, so now newly registered users can post their own threads. Some restrictions (PM/sigs) still apply.

Thanks for that information, Swanky Mama. I thought that I had uploaded a photo of my nice green Bayswater as my avatar yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared too. I thought I was losing any digital skills....

You have to wait until the site re-indexes {catches up/updates}. An hour after you posted this I'm sure you could've started a thread, if you'd like to try again?

how do I ask someone a bag question? have tried but on other threads and been ignored . I don't mean to intrude on thread just don't know how to use this site

You are posting questions in other people's threads. Some consider that "thread hijacking". Until you can start new threads of your own try using the general question answer chit chat threads. They are usually stickies at the top of each sub forum. For example, ask about which Celine you should get here : http://forum.purseblog.com/celine/celine-chitty-chat-club-708194.html

Be friendly, introduce yourself, and people will probably respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.