New Madison Gathered Sophia (Photos)

Congrats - this size Sophia looks awesome on you! Thanks so much for the super modeling shots - I had concerns it might be too small too. Thanks for the great tips on the strap too - I agree, it does hang better in all of the ways you suggested!

Tried your suggestion about the shoulder strap and I agree. I have the large mahogany and it does hang from the shoulder without bunching the bag. It shows off the wonderful Sophia shape too. Thanks.

We are bag twins. Congrats. Thanks so much for sharing your idea regarding the strap. I am going to try it on mine tomorrow. She looks wonderful on you. The size is perfect.

Thanks everybody! You are all too sweet! I wanted to post some comparison shots of the strap attachment, even though it sounds like a lot of you get the idea. I just think it makes such a big difference, and like Coj said, it maintains the integrity of the Sophia shape.

Here you can see how my shoulder strap hangs around the bag, when not in use:

photo%201_2.JPG

Here you can see how it wont really interfere with getting into the bag:

photo%205.JPG

Now, check out the difference in how the bag hangs when suspended from the shoulder strap ('my way'):

photo%202_2.JPG

'Coach's way' - look how bunched it is when suspended by the ends:

photo%204_2.JPG

Lastly, some comparisons of how it hangs when unzipped ('my way'):

photo%204_3.JPG

Unzipped and suspended by the ends:

photo%203_3.JPG

The last bit, with the bag open, sort of irks me the most. I usually keep my bags zipped but I don't always get to it, and I don't like the idea of it turning into a gaping mouth if left open. It's ugly and impractical.

One thing, too, though, is that I thought hanging the strap from the handle links might interfere with the hand held straps hanging down nicely when not in use, but they don't seem to naturally fall to the sides of the bag anyway. Maybe the leather is too new. Anyhow, I think the alternative is worse than some handles sticking up here or there.
Anyway, hope these photos help.

Last edited:
Shalomnurse and Proffashionista,

Aren't these bags pretty? I am so impressed by the materials and craftsmanship - and I honestly think it was a steal (especially with the PCE)! I'm so glad you both are loving yours.

She is beautiful on you!! :smile:
Thanks for the great strap ideas I will be experimenting with mine as soon as she gets here! That has been a reservation for me regarding keeping this bag, I exchanged the zebra for the silver leather which will be here next week!! :smile: I am so hoping to love everything about her!!

Thanks Classeejackee. I'm glad my pictures were helpful - I know I posted a lot.

Jerseygirl, thank you so much!

Mysweetgirlrose, I hope you love the silver one, too, and that the strap situation works out for you. It's something to work with, that's for sure.

Thanks for showing your photos and ideas with the long strap. It really does look nicer doing it "your" way. I'll have to experiment with my large Sophias and see how it goes.