New MAC broke. What do I do? pic

bxvixen

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Today I went to the mall with my family and wore my new mac for the first time. (black ink w/ gm)

I was proudly wearing my bag. Feeling confident and comfortable when my daughter says why is that open? So I look down and the kite hook is open. So the rest of the day, I am self conscious about the bag and about the o ring slipping out and the bag falling on the floor.

So do I contact someone from RM? Do they send a replacement strap or I have to have this one to be fixed. I am leaving to Florida on Friday was hoping to bring the bag with me. I'm assuming that's wishful thinking, right?

I'm so disappointed!

Lisette

Attachments

• IMG_1804.JPG
    IMG_1804.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 181
Oh, no! Sorry to hear that happened to you. See, you need to contact RM for a repair/replacement. I've never had to get anything fixed (very fortunately), so I'm not sure who you should email.

I'm guessing Codi (?) [email protected], but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure a more informed Minkette will pop in here soon and let you know.

Sorry about your bag! :cry:

Oh no - that really sucks. Did you try contacting the seller? I know he said you couldn't return it but it should not break after using it one time....makes me nervous for the one I am going to get from him!

Oh no - that really sucks. Did you try contacting the seller? I know he said you couldn't return it but it should not break after using it one time....makes me nervous for the one I am going to get from him!

Don't be nervous, It truly is a great bag, it must be a fluke. Just a little unlucky.

I'm sorry to hear this. . . at least it sounds like an easy fix (better the strap than the bag)!

I have a strap that does this (the kitehook bar sticks open). I kinda pulled on it when I closed it in hopes that it would bend closed a little (if that makes sense). It's better than it was. I don't use this MAC all the time though because it's patent leather. Perhaps you could try that while you are waiting for a new strap to see if it keeps it closed.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this. . . at least it sounds like an easy fix (better the strap than the bag)!

I have a strap that does this (the kitehook bar sticks open). I kinda pulled on it when I closed it in hopes that it would bend closed a little (if that makes sense). It's better than it was. I don't use this MAC all the time though because it's patent leather. Perhaps you could try that while you are waiting for a new strap to see if it keeps it closed.

The Kite hook doesn't have any tension on it. It's not stuck in the open position it just flips back and forth.

The same thing happened with my stormy grey MAC. I sent it in for repair and it came back in I think 2 or 3 weeks. Since they have black GM MACs in stock, maybe try giving them a call tomorrow to see if they can send you a replacement strap ASAP so you can have it before your trip.