New MAB Owner Question About the Rings in Front...

treegap

Feb 17, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I just received my FIRST RM bag today, a MAB in black with pewter metallic trim. I absolutely love it and can't wait to wear it out. I have a question about the hardware ring in the front and bag of the bag (above the outside pocket). Are these just decorative, or are the meanth to be hooks for a cross-body or over the shoulder strap? Just curious.

Thanks in advance, all!

PerfectShoe

best of both worlds
O.G.
Aug 28, 2007
IL
I think they could be used as hooks for an across the body strap. My MAM is too smooshy though and when I tried it the bag twisted a little because the rings are on opposite sides of the zipper and it just looked like I was hurting the bag. There is a thread where people have tried every possible strap configuration so I would search for that if you are interested. Personally I would undo the lobster claws and try attaching a strap to those and see what happens if you are interested in wearing it across the body. Hope that helps.

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
they don't come with them unfortunately, but if you wanted one you could order it from the RM site under "shop" then go to accessories. ;)

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
^^i definitely like the chain!

TATERTOT puts charms on her RM's! i love it, i think its adorable. Now i need to find a cute one!

starryviolet

Jan 10, 2008
yup i like the chain too. darn didn't know they were sold out. i was going to get one for my mam basketweave

fabae

O.G.
Jun 10, 2006
Way Down Yonder
I use it to clip my keys to when I'm just running in some place really quickly. (You have to use a keychain with a clip, like Coach's or Hayden-Harnett's).