New LV pochette Métis smells bad :(

Amekhael

Jun 3, 2020
Hey all. I just received the pochette Métis in the mail today. I was so excited only to have it come smelling SO BAD. It almost feels like it is not new. Anyone else have this experience? Thanks

janetaz

Aug 25, 2015
I bought a new w/o tags Maui Neverfull from one of the major retail resellers a few years ago. The bag had a faint, funky odor. Reminded me of old milk. It wasn’t repulsive but it annoyed me. I didn’t want to return it as it was a LE and I really wanted it. I hung it outside for a few hours a couple days in a row. That didn’t help. I ended up buying unscented febreeze , spraying the interior. That worked great. The odor completely went away over the course of a few days, thank goodness.

Reactions: Amekhael

AW313

Apr 12, 2020
Hey all. I just received the pochette Métis in the mail today. I was so excited only to have it come smelling SO BAD. It almost feels like it is not new. Anyone else have this experience? Thanks
Hi what type of smell is it? Mine only smelled bad after a couple of months and I brought it down to my LV store. It is smelly like skunk smell? Like real bad. The manager agreed to give me store credit and from what I understand from the CA, they had previous complaints of similar smell. Unfortunately that is the end of my relationship with my PM. It is in reverse monogram and so difficult to come by. So you may want to check with your local LV store if it is opened or with customer service about the smell?

MissGuided

Apr 27, 2016
Texas
When I bought my Speedy DE it smelled awful. It smelled like chemicals and a little musty. (I bought it brand new from a store) I left it out a couple of days and the smell went away. Is it a chemical kind of smell or something else?

carlyk

Nov 26, 2012
My Escale Kirigami set smelled really bad, paint like. I've been letting them air out and it's getting better.

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
These bags are 99% plastic, but at least they can air out easily most of the times.

mdcx

Oct 30, 2014
Is it like the off-gassing that can happen when plastic wrapped mattresses and furniture are unwrapped? That smell tends to go away after some fresh air and is definitely a chemical smell.
If it’s more an organic smell, like body odour or food products etc, then I would wonder if it was a return.

shishkabob

Jan 5, 2019
I have a new key pouch that was a gift. I didn't notice it at first, but it smells like dirty socks inside! I've been doing everything I can to remove the smell, but it still kind of lingers.

Love_N_Lune

Apr 17, 2019
Central Florida
I do admit when I picked up my ZCP last week, the inside did not smell nice. I inserted a sample perfume card in the wallet when I got home, and that helped. My Speedy 25b DE smelled fine and the leather parts smelled like...leather.

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
this has never happened to me, but I've read about it over the years on TPF and everyone says it goes away

l.ch.

Mar 24, 2011
Away
My Damier Ebene Keepall 45 had a chemical smell and still has it almost two years after I bought it. It has faded compared to when I first unboxed it (it was a gift from my husband), but it’s still there.

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I just got a 4 key holder that has a strong smell. I’ve been airing it out. Hopefully it goes away. But I’ve had some other things that even after airing out the smell always lingers. This never used to be the case. In the past there was a good new bag smell. I’d say in the past few years I’ve been seeing more of this strong chemical smell.