New LV Intel

Since you've last been in a Coach store, Coach has changed a lot. They are undergoing an upbranding. They hired Stuart Veevers, are dropping sales, and moving to more premium locations in malls, often next to LV, Tiffany, and Burberry.

Veevers has introduced a newer line that is competing in the luxury space. It is the 1941 line. (Some 1941 styles are now at Bloomies, Saks, and NM).

You probably saw items from the 1941 line on your recent trip. That 1941 line contains upgraded leathers, hardware, limited edition pieces (such as House of Rodarte), and the "Rogues" you are hearing about in the last couple pages, too.

The original line (Coach New York) is the line with the lesser price point from when you used to shop at Coach pre-Veevers.
It is an interesting response. Thanks a lot. I like their glovetanned leather, and I believe they used to have it before too. The design looked a little ridiculous with all the dinousars, baloons, and bunch of cartoonish characters. I will look at Rogues, such a classy shape and bag itself, unless it is decorated with rockets and see above. I also find their chains on small crossboy bag super heavy. I almost got a bag, but the chain stopped me right there.

Since you've last been in a Coach store, Coach has changed a lot. They are undergoing an upbranding. They hired Stuart Veevers, are dropping sales, and moving to more premium locations in malls, often next to LV, Tiffany, and Burberry.

Veevers has introduced a newer line that is competing in the luxury space. It is the 1941 line. (Some 1941 styles are now at Bloomies, Saks, and NM).

You probably saw items from the 1941 line on your recent trip. That 1941 line contains upgraded leathers, hardware, limited edition pieces (such as House of Rodarte), and the "Rogues" you are hearing about in the last couple pages, too.

The original line (Coach New York) is the line with the lesser price point from when you used to shop at Coach pre-Veevers.
It is an interesting response. Thanks a lot. I like their glovetanned leather, and I believe they used to have it before too. The design looked a little ridiculous with all the dinousars, baloons, and bunch of cartoonish characters. I will look at Rogues, such a classy shape and bag itself, unless it is decorated with rockets and see above. I also find their chains on small crossboy bag super heavy. I almost got a bag, but the chain stopped me right there.

Today I was in LV chatting with an SA and he gave me some intel that may or may not be well known. So here is what I was told.

1. The current CEO wants to phaze out ALL "entry" level pieces, I think we've all seen a lot of that.
2. The current CEO also wants to sell more leather than canvas, they are working to produce more leather goods which is why canvas quantities are low right now, sound familiar?
3. Canvas pieces will be produced in limited quantities, once they sell out they will not be replenished and people will be waitlisted or get them whenever they are "rereleased" or "restocked".
4. Their drawers and backstock are empty because they sell more canvas than anything and many SA's are afraid of the changes and how it will change sales.
5. The various lines will be more cohesive, for example, rose ballerine in canvas, rose poudre in Empreinte, and finally a pink of sorts in both Epi and vernis.
6. Talks of Epi with gold hardware again...

Personally, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. My personal taste has been moving more towards leather anyway, so I am interested in adding more items to my Epi collection getting more Empreinte and possibly adding my first vernis pieces.

How do you guys feel about these changes?
New to forum. Never been in one before. I have a question but not sure who to ask or where.

Just trying to find out what year the PALLAS clutch came out. And there seems to be so little info on the web about it.

It has been around for a bit. I'm not really in the loop on this bag but was admiring it in store and the SA was wearing one. She said they were originally designed for SAs to wear on the job and clients started asking where they could get one and then they started releasing them for sale.

It has been around for a bit. I'm not really in the loop on this bag but was admiring it in store and the SA was wearing one. She said they were originally designed for SAs to wear on the job and clients started asking where they could get one and then they started releasing them for sale.
Oh ok thanks so much for your reply. So it would be possible for a date code to be a 2015 I suppose.

I found one for sale and the date code is for 2015 so I was just wondering if thats legit or not. Thanks for the reply.
It may be, I'm not very familiar with this bag as I don't usually care for small clutch style bags. The best thing to do would be to post pics in the authentication threads, if it is deemed authentic, only purchase it if they offer returns using a method that provides buyer protection just in case.

Reactions: Nonnab