New LV bags with plastics aren't permitted to sell?!

Purecandy

Jun 9, 2007
Today I was at the LV store in Zürich. I wanted to exchange my Speedy 40 for a 35. I always ask the SA for a brand new bag with all the plastics on it, because I don't want a bag which is already touched from lot of people.

So I asked the SA for such a new bag and she laughs and says that it's not permitted from Louis Vuitton to give a bag with those plastics on.
I was like...what?! I always got bags like this, also the Speedy 40 in Lugano!

I tried a Deauville and it was really not brand new, it had scratches and the patina dark! And the SA told me that all the bags in the LV store are brand new, even those on display...I don't think so, especially when some of them have already built patina!

When I gave the Speedy 40 to her, she told the other SA: "OMG look what they do in Lugano, so stupid SAs...pah"

Did you know that this is not permitted? And don't you ask for a bag which has the plastics on it?

I wish I would be able to purchase a LV bag with the plastic and seal on it.
Sadly, I'm always told that the LV bag I'm shown to and wanted to buy have already
scratches/marks/dirt? on the leather or hardware. They are tiny but noticeable to tell that they have been handled or a return. I also get the "that's the only one" we have.
I also asked about a brand new bag with the plastic on and was told that LV SA's are instructed to remove those as it doesn't look luxurious.

They are not suppose to leave the plastic on when selling a bag, that is LV policy...but they should be able to give you a new one (if there is one in stock) and cut the plastic off in front of you.

If you have a good relationship with your SA many times they will ask you if your would rather leave the plastic on...but if they don't know you, most of the time they will not risk getting in trouble.

my SA usually removes all the plastics when i purchase bags, but leaves on the stickers that protect clasps and zippers. i think i'd prefer it that way cause i'd be afraid of miscutting the plastic (i am that clumsy) and putting a slice in that lovely vachetta lol.

I tried a Deauville and it was really not brand new, it had scratches and the patina dark! And the SA told me that all the bags in the LV store are brand new, even those on display...I don't think so, especially when some of them have already built patina!

Well, I suppose it depends on the interpretation of "brand new". In the broadest sense, all bags in the store would be considered "brand new" as they have not been purchased or used by anyone. However, as a matter of quality control, I think the store should exercise discretion and refrain from selling to customers bags which have developed dark patina or have been displayed for quite some time, especially, the vernis range which would look quite different after constant exposure to sun. :yucky:

During the worldwide shortage period 2 - 3 months back, I was trying desperately to get a Sunset Boulevard in pomme. Even though there was a piece on display, my local store simply refused to sell it to me with good reasons provided. That to me is good business etiqutte :tup:

then howcome when you buy from eluxury they ALWAYS send them with the plastic on? at least the 4 bags i bought from them did..
and why is it against policy to leave plastic on?? whats so bad about it?

They asked me if I wanted the plastic left on my Miroir Lockit, and I said yes. It's YOUR bag after you buy it, I don't know what difference it makes.

I have had the speedy sent to me with plastic on before. I think it might just be your store and a few others. Also in my store they don't sell store display bags because they have begun to patina, they simply won't allow it even if you want the display bag, they rather get you a brand new one.

They are not suppose to leave the plastic on when selling a bag, that is LV policy...but they should be able to give you a new one (if there is one in stock) and cut the plastic off in front of you.

If you have a good relationship with your SA many times they will ask you if your would rather leave the plastic on...but if they don't know you, most of the time they will not risk getting in trouble.

LV policy to remove all protective coverings before a sale. If you have a great relationship with your SA. They will bring you a fresh bag from stock and remove all the plastic in front of you.