New Louis Vuitton "Favorite Clutch"

jatiles

Mar 10, 2011
I am posting pics. I went to get the Eva Clutch and my SA brought out the two new releases from two days ago. It has a magnetic close and a small pocket that appears to fit a credit card or id and maybe a few notes.

In the end I got the Eva- I am not sure if I want to return for the MM- the GM was more of a purse type of item, I really wanted a clutch. The MM has almost the same amount of room but its situated differently because of the seams and the shape. Should I exchange my mono for this new item? I took the mono because I felt it was a classic piece. I am just not sure now! :tdown:

I have two weeks to decide. I didnt want to get this piece because it was "new". I had my heart set on the eva. I just dont know. It also has the chain and removable strap which is shorter than on the eva and looks adjustable. Let me know your thoughts guys- thanks in advance!

Attachments

• blogger-image--1301582180-1.jpg
    blogger-image--1301582180-1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 52,998
  • blogger-image-1954390506.jpg
    blogger-image-1954390506.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 32,457
I personally like the eva better!! On this new bag I don't like how the long strap attaches to the one end (the looping part) I like how on the eva the long strap has a gold clasps on each end!!!! And I like the zipper instead of the flap.

I vote favorite favorite but I never liked Eva so I am biased - the favorite is gorgeous. It's a lot more elegant. The chain can be tucked in the bag which is major improvement. And the flap is a lot more dressy than a zippered pochette IMHO. It depends on your needs - casual vs. dressy. The favorite also looks a lot better with the gold chain used to make a wristlet/ more traditional clutch. I think Eva is a bit youthful and the favorite is more refined. To me a flap has an association a quintessential iconic bag. Moreover, most stores only have one or a couple at best in stock and the European holiday is coming so it's unlikely many people will have the favorite anytime soon.

I haven't seen the Favorite in person, but I love the Eva and its shape. I have the Eva in DE, and I know that I will pick up this Favorite in Monogram...just to have a variety in my collection.

Tough call. I like both bags, but I went for the Favorite. The MM size though, as I wanted the extra space.

To me, the two bags have very different looks, so it just depends on which will suit your needs/lifestyle better. The monogram Eva has a bit of a sporty look to it, which I like. I think it's the vachetta trim that gives it that look. The Favorite has a ladylike look, which I love, due to the flap and overall shape. Plus I love that plum interior!

Do you have a preference in the type of closure on a bag? Zipper vs. flap? Maybe thinking about it along that line might help you decide. Either way, you can't go wrong. Both are great bags!

I haven't seen the favourite yet but just got my eva in DE like 2 days before the favourite release and still think the eva is prettier hehe but that's because i like the top zie, the removable crossbody strap and the inventeur gold plate on it.

the favorite is pretty and more ladylike and the eva can be dressed casually and formally? depends on what you want and try them both on first! good like!

jatiles said:
I am posting pics. I went to get the Eva Clutch and my SA brought out the two new releases from two days ago. It has a magnetic close and a small pocket that appears to fit a credit card or id and maybe a few notes.

In the end I got the Eva- I am not sure if I want to return for the MM- the GM was more of a purse type of item, I really wanted a clutch. The MM has almost the same amount of room but its situated differently because of the seams and the shape. Should I exchange my mono for this new item? I took the mono because I felt it was a classic piece. I am just not sure now! :tdown:

I have two weeks to decide. I didnt want to get this piece because it was "new". I had my heart set on the eva. I just dont know. It also has the chain and removable strap which is shorter than on the eva and looks adjustable. Let me know your thoughts guys- thanks in advance!

So what's the situation with the coiled strap on one side? Is that how you can adjust the strap? I'm not a fan of that particular part but I would get it because I'm short and Eva strap is long on me lol

I don't have any of the bag. But I find the favourite more polish and finish nicely. I don;t fancy how the zipper is long on the eva...when you wear it, the zipper tab is obvious. Doesn't finish nicely. Also, the vachetta trimming on the eva will look old eventually. Favourite wills better in all areas if not most.

I saw the favorite this week but I personally prefer the Eva. It's something that's classy and feminine about the Eva and the crossbody strap was longer than the Favorite strap and felt more comfortable to me.

I don't know what you meant by MM or GM. The FAVORITE only comes in 2 sizes, smaller one called PM and larger one called MM. Both EVA & FAVORITE strap are non adjustable, but the FAVORITE strap is shorter than the EVA strap.

jatiles said:

I like Eva better.