New lock pouchette...Dior newbie need help!

0PinkBlush0

Apr 16, 2011
Hello everyone! I am new to dior and this will be my first dior purchase. I saw a pic of the Dior New Lock pouchette on instagram and I fell in love with it right away. I try to search some info here but I couldn't find any recent ones.

I was wondering if somebody can tell me the price, colors and leather that it is availble to.

Thanks you soooo much!! :heart:

Hi, not sure which country you're from but the new lock pouchette costs SGD$1700 in my location. It comes in patent leather too. I got the lady Dior pouch which is also the same size as the new lock pouchette. Both are really pretty and I spent an hour deciding! The SA told me that the lady Dior pouch is more popular but based on what I see from tpf, most choose the new lock pouchette. Not sure if I made the right choice@.@

Hi, not sure which country you're from but the new lock pouchette costs SGD$1700 in my location. It comes in patent leather too. I got the lady Dior pouch which is also the same size as the new lock pouchette. Both are really pretty and I spent an hour deciding! The SA told me that the lady Dior pouch is more popular but based on what I see from tpf, most choose the new lock pouchette. Not sure if I made the right choice@.@

The Lady Dior and the Miss Dior appear to be quite a favourite among members on this forum, but it's really your own personal choice whether or not you like the New Lock. Personally, I quite like the New Lock because it's one of those classic Dior handbags that's small and elegant enough as a shoulder bag which can be worn evening or day, whereas the Miss Dior is younger with the longer chain to be worn cross body ;)

image-1034388494.png

This is the Lady Dior Pouch (not sure if I got the name right) which I have and it's the same size as the New Lock Pouchette. Exactly same compartments too. The website has removed pics of the Lady Dior Pouch. I'm so afraid this pouch would look 'outdated' as everyone seems to be buying the New Lock Pouchette.

View attachment 1567853

This is the Lady Dior Pouch (not sure if I got the name right) which I have and it's the same size as the New Lock Pouchette. Exactly same compartments too. The website has removed pics of the Lady Dior Pouch. I'm so afraid this pouch would look 'outdated' as everyone seems to be buying the New Lock Pouchette.

I really like the colour! and although there aren't that many people to be seen carrying the classic Lady Dior hand held bag, the Miss Dior or the New Lock, I still think the Lady Dior pouch is rare enough since not many people will be seen carrying it ;) I think you made a good choice!

michi_chi said:
I really like the colour! and although there aren't that many people to be seen carrying the classic Lady Dior hand held bag, the Miss Dior or the New Lock, I still think the Lady Dior pouch is rare enough since not many people will be seen carrying it ;) I think you made a good choice!

Thank you! I felt more at ease now after hearing what you said. After all, I chose this over the Chanel woc because of it's uniqueness.

Thank you! I felt more at ease now after hearing what you said. After all, I chose this over the Chanel woc because of it's uniqueness.

You're welcome! :biggrin: I really like your bag, but I think I'll have to wait and see what bags are still available when I have money saved up before I decide which to go for, but I think I'll probably get the New Lock or the Miss Dior because I've got a fascination with keys and locks :P

View attachment 1567853

Your pouchette is beautiful, and it will never look outdated as it is a Lady Dior style. Besides, the style itself (even if it was not Dior) is very classic with quilting and a chain handle, so it won't go out of style.

Thank you everyone for the info. Yes, I looked the website and saw it but not sure if its the right one. I'm in-love with the lock..it just gives it some definition.

I originally wanted a Chanel WOC but the price increase and waitlist are a major turn off. I think im going to the store and look at it :smile: Thank you all!! :smile:

averagejoe said:
Your pouchette is beautiful, and it will never look outdated as it is a Lady Dior style. Besides, the style itself (even if it was not Dior) is very classic with quilting and a chain handle, so it won't go out of style.

Thank you for your compliments:smile: Still wanting the Lady Dior bag. It's such a timeless classic! hope that the price increase won't come so soon.

0PinkBlush0 said:
Thank you everyone for the info. Yes, I looked the website and saw it but not sure if its the right one. I'm in-love with the lock..it just gives it some definition.

I originally wanted a Chanel WOC but the price increase and waitlist are a major turn off. I think im going to the store and look at it :smile: Thank you all!! :smile:

Dior New Lock Pouchette is about the same price as the Sevruga WOC. But the price difference between the Classic WOC and New Lock Pouchette is quite big. Choosing between all the colours would be fun!

eminere&#153 said:
Have you visited the Dior web site? There are about eight different versions on there that you can view. It's a good place to start.

miki66 said:
http://forum.purseblog.com/dior/a-little-christmas-something-721041.html

Here's a reveal from one of the tpfers.
Also agree with emi, dior website is a good starting place to visit.

gohfelicia said:

michi_chi said:
The Lady Dior and the Miss Dior appear to be quite a favourite among members on this forum, but it's really your own personal choice whether or not you like the New Lock. Personally, I quite like the New Lock because it's one of those classic Dior handbags that's small and elegant enough as a shoulder bag which can be worn evening or day, whereas the Miss Dior is younger with the longer chain to be worn cross body ;)

averagejoe said:

gohfelicia said:
Dior New Lock Pouchette is about the same price as the Sevruga WOC. But the price difference between the Classic WOC and New Lock Pouchette is quite big. Choosing between all the colours would be fun!

Thank You all! I just got back from SCP today to look at the Chanel store before the 'price increase' and ended up to Dior across the hallway :smile: The colors for the new lock are awesome! They were all gorgeous!!! The colors available for the patent leather were black, pearlized grey (has a purplish tone), dark blue, light blue and a lush burgundy red! I loooooove the burgundy soooo much but I already have a Chanel Timeless Clutch in Rouge Fonce so I resisted and opted for the black one. I will do a reveal later. I had the best experience in Dior SCP! Awesome customer service! I was well taken care of even though I had some tennis shoes on and my $20 faux leather crossbody bag I used everyday :smile:

Thank You all! I just got back from SCP today to look at the Chanel store before the 'price increase' and ended up to Dior across the hallway :smile: The colors for the new lock are awesome! They were all gorgeous!!! The colors available for the patent leather were black, pearlized grey (has a purplish tone), dark blue, light blue and a lush burgundy red! I loooooove the burgundy soooo much but I already have a Chanel Timeless Clutch in Rouge Fonce so I resisted and opted for the black one. I will do a reveal later. I had the best experience in Dior SCP! Awesome customer service! I was well taken care of even though I had some tennis shoes on and my $20 faux leather crossbody bag I used everyday :smile:

Congratulations on your new purchase! Can't wait to see your reveal!