New limited edition scarf

I read this article in the british Vogue on my flight to London last week. The next day I saw the orange bordered scarf on display at H in Sloane Street.
They had several CWs, each one was the 179th out of 200. Very nice touch, as their address is 179 Sloane Street.

P.S. IRL they look incredibly luminous - sadly the pics don't do them any justice

attachment.php

Lovely scarves they remind me a little of some vintage YSL scarves I have !:smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4099_3.jpg
    IMG_4099_3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4100_3.jpg
    IMG_4100_3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4103_2.jpg
    IMG_4103_2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 38
Rose, MT, kavnadoo :heart: :blush: I always thought I could not do orange. Anyway, it wasn't planned but the dress did turn out to complement the exhibit pretty well!

mou mou you're right about the YSLs. Love this cw.

attachment.php

I don't think I do orange as well. But I am tan so I might try on some orange stuff next time I'm out shopping.

Okay no one shoot me here... I love Hermes scarves but these plain designs aren't doing it for me. Yes Hermes has made something fundamentally simple look really beautiful in a scarf but at the same time it is still a really simplistic design: based on squares. Perhaps I don't know how to appreciate art... :Push:

Thanks for posting dear MaiTai, very nice but alas too expencive IMO! I´d rather get another cashmere GM, or two;)

ps. looking good ms piggy! Lovely dress!

A few of us attended the exhibition in our part of Alaska last year. It was interesting to see them in person. I still prefer the traditional H scarves.

attachment.php

Thanks for sharing, ms piggy! I truly believe that this is the way the Albers scarves are meant to be seen. His "Interaction with Color" book was a seminal work in color theory, and the Homage to the Square series was the logical culmination of his studies in the interplay of color and the visual impact made. I have long coveted a piece from the series, but they are impossible to get, and frightfully expensive for what they are (gouache on chipboard). I posted on another thread that there is an auction in Seoul tomorrow (today?) for a green/gray version that is expected to fetch $100,000 US.

You look fabulous, by the way. :biggrin:

I think lovely64 said it - for £1800 you could have nearly 3 GMs or 9 90cms or 10 70cms!! The "design" doesn't do it for me no detail -thank goodness;)

take it from and Addict of Scarf :graucho:

It's purely marketing, reminded me of how LV produced "ltd ed" for twice the price..................every season for the past ten years :P