New limited edition scarf

there was a thread opened recently about these scarves here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/the-albers-scarf-343463.html

It might be good to merge the two threads since its such a specific topic.

There seems to be good publicity about them. This is from Wallpaper magazine. Also picture of the special box with booklet that you get with your $3000 carre :smile:
What I wonder is what happened to the carre used on the model? Was it one of the 200? Was it an extra used just for promotion outside of the 200? Do they clean it after its used and sell it? I have worked with Wallpaper a long time ago and no way would they have bought one. Way too cheap.

Attachments

• albers-wallpaper.jpg
    albers-wallpaper.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 56
  • albers-box copy.jpg
    albers-box copy.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 55
I was shown this recently - SA in gloves and all!! and the SA informed me it was designed to be hung on a wall - but some people do wear them but they are more fragile than normal scarves - and that for their first clean they must go back to H to be cleaned.......... as i love detailed designs this wasn't for me - i knew it would be on here somewhere lol!

Price tags like that make me very glad I collect scarves in a theme - not every scarf ever made...
They are probably stunning, but I'd rather buy a Picotin for the same price, or at least within a few hundred pounds of the same price...

I'm going to mortgage my house to buy them in all the colors, and then make a quilt out of them for my bed. I think I'll sleep better under a 20 thousand dollar comforter. :lolots:

MaiTai,

a quick stop at your new thread, B4 I head over to the "bible" (H It Up!).

I ADORE this series, as it is a rendition of Albers studies on color, in silk media. I believe a full article was in Le Monde from last winter or spring. I called my local shop and they it's a whopping 2000+ (I think it was about 2400 USD), and that the c/w I wanted was not presented to any US shops. Oh well, for that, I was glad to save the $$.

As for the exhorbitant cost, I believe it has to do w/ the precision required to apply the color, without any "bleed" into the next plate, yet w/out any gaps. (e.g., consider ink spots on any fabric--runs wild).

Worn on person/wall? Either way, however, for some of the c/w's, I imagine the full effect of the color study is more powerful when seen 2-D on a wall.

thx for sharing MT! Hope your trip was wonderful.

Ladies, this thread is over a year old :amazed: ! But your comments are still spot on :P

sammie, thank you for the addtional informations, very interesting as always! :flowers:

A few of us attended the exhibition in our part of Alaska last year. It was interesting to see them in person. I still prefer the traditional H scarves.

Attachments

• LongueAtAlbers2a.jpg
    LongueAtAlbers2a.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 143