New Light Gray Veneta Reveal

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
O.G.
Apr 1, 2012
It arrived this afternoon and I love it. The gray is a nice medium that seems to be a true gray. No matter what I set it against, I didn't get a greenish or violet hue. It is a great gray for me. I have photographed it next to my vintage gray BV which is darker and also photographed it on a variety of gray t-shirts and sweaters. As I've said previously, gray is my black. Thanks again, Mousse & Grietje, for your help and support.

The first two photos were taken on the table where I opened the box. The second two were taken in more direct light. I know they look a lot different, but when I look at the bag, it looks to me to be closer to the first photos. I took the photos in different light on purpose, but wasn't aware the color would look so much lighter in the later pictures. It doesn't look that light to me.

Attachments

• 1st.png
    1st.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 985
  • 2nd.png
    2nd.png
    840.6 KB · Views: 920
  • 3rd.png
    3rd.png
    1 MB · Views: 963
  • 4th.png
    4th.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 967
Last edited:
Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Very pretty. BTW, do you know the color's name of your vintage BV?
No, I'm sorry I don't. It doesn't have one of the labels with a color code on it as it was from 1987. I bought it online with the original NM price tag still attached! It also had the original sales slip inside of it. It also had a tortoise shell (plastic) backed mirror and a detachable shoulder strap. Imagine being purchased and then kept in a box for 23 years. Talk about a sleeping beauty! It was one of my first BV purchases.

Very nice. In the first picture, it looks like it has some blue tone underneath?
It could be there but I don't see it. I used an iPad to take the photos and I don't know a thing about digital photography, so that may have had an effect on the photos.