New Light Gray Veneta Reveal

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
It arrived this afternoon and I love it. The gray is a nice medium that seems to be a true gray. No matter what I set it against, I didn't get a greenish or violet hue. It is a great gray for me. I have photographed it next to my vintage gray BV which is darker and also photographed it on a variety of gray t-shirts and sweaters. As I've said previously, gray is my black. Thanks again, Mousse & Grietje, for your help and support.

The first two photos were taken on the table where I opened the box. The second two were taken in more direct light. I know they look a lot different, but when I look at the bag, it looks to me to be closer to the first photos. I took the photos in different light on purpose, but wasn't aware the color would look so much lighter in the later pictures. It doesn't look that light to me.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: frenziedhandbag

indiaink

I’m SO done with this
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Oh! Lovely! It reminds me of Cement - and makes me want a gray BV even more, now! Absolutely a luscious color, and congrats!

Mousse

Boston Strong
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Silicon Valley
Its really beautiful. I love the color. I saw the new gray a couple of weeks ago in Las Vegas at the Crystals boutique.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Very pretty. BTW, do you know the color's name of your vintage BV?
No, I'm sorry I don't. It doesn't have one of the labels with a color code on it as it was from 1987. I bought it online with the original NM price tag still attached! It also had the original sales slip inside of it. It also had a tortoise shell (plastic) backed mirror and a detachable shoulder strap. Imagine being purchased and then kept in a box for 23 years. Talk about a sleeping beauty! It was one of my first BV purchases.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
Very nice. In the first picture, it looks like it has some blue tone underneath?
It could be there but I don't see it. I used an iPad to take the photos and I don't know a thing about digital photography, so that may have had an effect on the photos.