New Leather

RichHarris

Sep 7, 2018
Can anyone suggest a good moisturiser to soften up the Lambskin leather on new bags. I have noticed that the leather on the new bags seem a lot more shiny from the older bags. I did read somewhere that Balenciaga have added a special treatment which is why they are a more shiny.

Anyhow any good cream/moisturiser recommendations to soften up the leather?

Can anyone suggest a good moisturiser to soften up the Lambskin leather on new bags. I have noticed that the leather on the new bags seem a lot more shiny from the older bags. I did read somewhere that Balenciaga have added a special treatment which is why they are a more shiny.

Anyhow any good cream/moisturiser recommendations to soften up the leather?
I honestly don't think I'd put anything on a new bag. Wearing it is the best answer, as it wears in the leather will soften and some of the shine should matte down.

somehow i missed this thread, i second what Muchstuff said, when i carried my new Bazar clutch for 2 days in a row and by the end of the second day it was very soft, very slouchy, and very different, stiffness was gone and texture started to change. I guess the difference was noticeable so quickly because i was holding it in the hands all the time, and beeing in constant contact with the skin made the leather a lot softer. I didn't use any hand cream, or something, but the warmth and natural moisture/oil of the skin was still enough to do the trick