Volynka Russian Leather

Frustrated bc I walked into Milan and this was sitting there Plume. I asked the SA to smell the Volnyka and she laughed bc she was surprised that I knew the name and the smell. Initially it seemed “available” but then she told me it was assigned… normally I take H with a grain of salt but I wonder how many people are vying for this exact bag. Disappointed beyond belief. I might go back when it’s Less crowded and see if I get a different response
Keep us posted, I hope you have a better response next time!! Did she see your purchase history?

Frustrated bc I walked into Milan and this was sitting there Plume. I asked the SA to smell the Volnyka and she laughed bc she was surprised that I knew the name and the smell. Initially it seemed “available” but then she told me it was assigned… normally I take H with a grain of salt but I wonder how many people are vying for this exact bag. Disappointed beyond belief. I might go back when it’s Less crowded and see if I get a different response
I hope you get it! Shouldn't be a problem since it seems they want to sell all of it.
I love mine to bits. Sometimes I just put it by the window like this and stare
IMG_2454.JPG

Otherwise please consider a Horizon in Volynka, in a different bag style, with your store. That would a completely bespoke unique piece, made for you, by some of the best Hermes artisans. There will be no other bag like it in the world.
This is also my suggestion to @frou frou because I believe they didn't make a Plume 32 in Volynka. As far as I know these were the only bags made:

Bolide 1923 (45 cm)
HAC 40
HAC 50
Plume Fourre-Tout 40
Sac a Depeches Light (in 2 diff types of hardware: solid PHW or PHW with Volynka accent)
Mini Kelly II
Birkin 25 (only for FSH window)

I'm so sorry. I would try again. I bought mine off the shelf and the sales manager was thrilled that someone knew what it was and appreciated it. You probably just need to get the right person (and ask nicely why, if it is assigned, it is still there...). These are special bags but there is no line out the door for them :flowers:

This is also my suggestion to @frou frou because I believe they didn't make a Plume 32 in Volynka. As far as I know these were the only bags made:

Bolide 1923 (45 cm)
HAC 40
HAC 50
Plume Fourre-Tout 40
Sac a Depeches Light (in 2 diff types of hardware: solid PHW or PHW with Volynka accent)
Mini Kelly II
Birkin 25 (only for FSH window)
Thank you for the Horizon idea ,the Plume is the only bag I’d want in this leather and it would have to be available to buy spontaneously.I’ve bought off the shelf in boutique for two bags, the rest just happily turned up elsewhere ( vintage)
If something isn’t available it’s OK because I can see it on others here :biggrin:

Reactions: DR2014 and allanrvj
I was curious about the Russian leather smell after reading the forum. Found out that good ole Purdey still stocked leather from Metta Catharina...so I got the A5 note cover instead of the Hermes Ulysses I was considering , but if y’all are curious to compare the original to Volynka or others like Moynat’s cuir imperial - these are the remaining stocks. Apparently limited to one.

They used reindeer in the past from what I can read from the historical documentation of how the Russians used to tan the leather but oh well, a piece of history to me :biggrin:.

Edit: I will be sniffing it once it’s in and updating the description of the smell.
F091AE06-6C45-4E63-9214-6B07F8074F30.jpeg

ABC46618-324C-4D9B-BCB9-6F17F0DC657F.jpeg

The Russian Leather from Metta Catarina Update.
Beautiful leather with a nice sheen…
Pic below.
It smells like smoked moose jerky from Sweden, to be honest. Gamey, woody and rather smokey. But oh well it’s been pickled under sea for 200 years, so I really can’t complain. It tainted my hands with the aroma. The neighbour’s dog got excited and started licking my hands. Lucky it didn’t chomp down.

Edit: I will be very interested to take a sniff at Hermes’ Volynka now since I have the actual leather.
6ADEDF07-27F8-4C01-8163-11DF07979C70.jpeg

Last edited: