New Laptop

This is what I mean ^^^ You say you don't want a laptop just because, yet you have no reason as to why you think you might need a new one. You see what I'm saying? Why do you think you need a new one? You've yet to give any reason other than you think it's time. You say it's fast enough. You say it's not given you any problems and it's been amazing. SO WHY????

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

maybe it just doesnt LOOK good/en vogue/posh/classy anymore? Charles, after so much time spent here, you should know better by now. :noggin:

I don't doubt that people find purses utilitarian as do they cars (why do you think Hondas are so popluar ;) ), still, you're going to tell me that you get the same excitement when you put on a hot outfit and sexy shoes that you do when you copy and paste on your Mac??

I find the copy paste feature on my Mac's exhilarating. Hence I own two Macs :jammin:

maybe it just doesnt LOOK good/en vogue/posh/classy anymore? Charles, after so much time spent here, you should know better by now. :noggin:

Ok, for the last time...I get that, but the OP has already stated that she doesn't want a new laptop just because. Ok, fine, she doesn't want one, she needs one. Why does she need one? She doesn't know. See my confusion here?

OP, how old is your current Sony? What are the specs and model number?

Ok, for the last time...I get that, but the OP has already stated that she doesn't want a new laptop just because. Ok, fine, she doesn't want one, she needs one. Why does she need one? She doesn't know. See my confusion here?

OP, how old is your current Sony? What are the specs and model number?

I see your confusion alright, the way I interpret it she doesnt want a new laptop just because, but because it doesnt look good. And I think OP just doesnt want to admit that that is the reason, not some technical issue;) Kind of like me when i choose the car I want because it looks nice, not because what engine it has hehe

I just ordered a MacBook today. I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to arrive! I went to order a Mac version of Paint Shop Pro with it though & I was gutted when I found out there is no Mac version :sad:.. do you Mac users find this with a lot of programs? or would you say most have a Mac version & PSP is a one off?

Ooooh, Charles, look at you with your shiny new avatar!! :okay:

It reminds me of someone actually....no, make that two someones....I'm sure of it...

I just ordered a MacBook today. I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to arrive! I went to order a Mac version of Paint Shop Pro with it though & I was gutted when I found out there is no Mac version :sad:.. do you Mac users find this with a lot of programs? or would you say most have a Mac version & PSP is a one off?

omgblonde, there is certainly a deficit in software specific for Macs in the market - hence PCs remaining quite popular. I think though SW developers are starting to market to demand and that will change. You might benefit from a google search to find a couple of mac user forums and see how they've gone about dealing with that problem - I don't personally use Paint Shop Pro so I can't really help...:Push:

You can run Windows on a Mac. Just get BootCamp or something that will let you run dual boot, then run PSP on the Windows side.

Ooooh, Charles, look at you with your shiny new avatar!!

It reminds me of someone actually....no, make that two someones....I'm sure of it...

I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

i thinking to get a new laptop as well.. any thought/review on the Macbook Air?

I got the MacBook Air for my birthday in February, but my the end of march I changed back to my normal MacBook. I don't know why, although I found that the keyboard and the touchpad were very annoying as I wasn't used to it.
So now my SO has it now, he is more the technical geek in my household;)

like many of the other people who have responded, i also made the switch from pc to mac and i personally love it! it is just so user friendly. i don't think i'll go back to windows anytime in the near future. my IE browser used to always crash and freeze up on me...there were always errors with it!! but i don't really have that problem anymore using my macbook.

I'm glad to hear it's pretty easy to convert to being a mac user... my boyfriend is getting me a new laptop as my birthday/graduation gift, and I'm leaning towards a MacBook. I'm so excited! I've had to use IBM ThinkPads for the last 6 years.