New Laptop

^^ thats exactly the two laptops im debating between.
Im glad to know that you can get Microsoft office for mac , that was one of my main concerns.
Which vaio does he have?

I wanted to get Sony Viao because they are small and light, but very expensive.
I was looking at MAC but I find them to be a bit too big and very heavy. I love the new Air, but it is way to big for me.

Ok, I guess I'm confused. Why do you think this new workload will make any difference? What kind of workload are we talking? At this point in time, is your laptop fast enough?

its pretty fast, i just feel that its a good time to maybe change my laptop im looking at either another sony vaio maybe changing it up all together and switch to mac its just i have gotten such mixed reviews from many people. I have had this sony for quite some time thats why.

OK, My last 3 laptops have all been sony and as lovely as they maybe Vista SUCKS and this last one ran like garbage. About 2 months ago I decided to learn MAC and I bought a new Mac book. My DH made fun of me, he said ill never learn how to use it, ill hate it, Ill have regrets, blah blah blah, Well guess who just ordered himself one? Yep the DH, His Sony laptop crashes ALL of the time, he is restarting the thing daily. My macbook you ask? NOT 1 PROBLEM! Not a one. No having to restart, no acting nuts, not running slowly. I just love it and i will NEVER buy another Windows based computer. Im trying to talk him into letting us get a MAC desktop to replace our windows one now!! HEHE

oh and no, it wasnt hard to get used to, You scroll with 2 fingers instead of the far right side, copy and paste is command C and P instead of alt C or P, and you close and shrink pages on the left instead of right =) It took me a few good days and now when i sit at my desktop I look puzzled, haha

^^ its not hard to get used to, to reload a page you just command R copy and paste command C and P, its so simple, I am forever comanding on my PC and im like ugh, I have to right click for this. lol

I switched to a MacBook Pro about 2 years ago after my Nth PC cracked down. and have to admit, THE BEST purchase of my life!!! so, get a MAC!!! it literally took me less than 15min to figure out the system.

ctrl+click=right click on a Mac, but literally, everything has keyboard shortcut, you never need a right click anymore after getting used to it. a regular mouse works on a mac tho.

I checked out a mac laptop from my school library, and not haveing a right click bothered me SOOO much. It seems like with a mac you always need to use two hands to browse around, whereas in my PC, i can just use my right hand...

That really turned me off, so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon