New Kristen hobo staying on shoulders?

curlyfur

O.G.
Mar 2, 2008
Hi,
I tried on the Kristen hobo at the store using the short shoulder strap. It just seems like it does not want to stay on my shoulders. Does anyone else have this problem? I think maybe it's because it's 1.5 inches thick. I really want to get the yellow leather, but don't want to use the long strap for fear of jean color transfer.

I purchased this bag last weekend and I do have a problem with it when I'm wearing by big bulky work coat but it seems fine when I'm wearing my other more fitted jackets....love this bag!!:biggrin:

did they make the short strap different on these newer ones, I have a large and a small in the older style, blue smoke and an op art one and have no problems with the short strap staying on.

I'm curious about this also. I bought one in black last spring when the hobos first came out and returned it for that exact reason. I really like the new design of them but won't buy one if it does the same thing. Maybe my shoulders are just weird. :confused1:

I got the new Kristin in champagne a few days ago and I haven't had a problem with it staying on my shoulder and I'm very particular about that because I don't use the long strap.

I'm only 5'3 and it stays fine for me. I'm very happy with it.

I'm curious about this also. I bought one in black last spring when the hobos first came out and returned it for that exact reason. I really like the new design of them but won't buy one if it does the same thing. Maybe my shoulders are just weird. :confused1:

Exactly the same situation for me! Last Spring's were a no-go for me for this very reason. I like the new design so much more, but I'm worried about having the same problems!

...My shoulders must be weird too! :lol:

I find that they are ok on my shoulder, not great. It is more of a problem with a bulky coat or sweater. I like to use mine with the long strap, especially the new hobos because the strap is adjustable and I can shorten it a bit.
I do think I have weird shoulders though, I cannot wear a Maggie or many double handle bags, the straps slide off my shoulder and it drives me crazy!

Hi! I bought the black leather large Kristin hobo a few days ago and I haven't had any issues with it staying on my shoulder with either the long or short strap.

I am wondering if you don't carry much and maybe that is why? I find the bag to be very comfortable but I carry a few heavy items in my purse which tend to weigh it down a bit and that might be why mine stays put. If you're bag is very light, that might be the reason for the sliding.

Hope that helps!

I returned a Kristin Sage and I find the large hobo to obviously be much lighter but more comfortable to carry.

I have several Kristin hobos, and I haven't had any trouble, but I have broad shoulders, and I live in Texas so I almost never have to wear more than a light jacket. I don't like the crossbody strap ... I love having it, but I only use it when I need to be hands free because it feels less comfy. I can't see any significant difference between the old and new hobo short straps, though the hardware at the ends is different.

I have three Kristin hobos. They are last years model that have the low pocket in the front. I brought my Java Kristin to the store with me to see if the shorter strap was as soft and long as older model. It is not the same length or width and shorter which does not work as well for me. The older one to me is more comfortable, lovely as the newer Kristins are. I got mine last year on PCE' because they were so comfortable and light. Unfortunately my colors are carmel brown which is very neutral and I can use it for jeans and summer whites, basic black and Java brown which is rich and pretty but are not light or bright spring colors. I want a light color, but I decided to keep what I have . Personally, I do not like that high pocket as well as the older style, but I think it is very attractive and the styles and colors are smashing. I was very partial to the two tone spectator bags, the woven, the sage and the coral hobo, but they are large, so I think I will just stay with what I have and see what light colors come up for spring and summer that are reasonable in price. Good luck with your decision. ;)

Last edited: