New Koobas Available at Bloomies and Other Retailers

KoobaMe

Hardware Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
SoCal
Anyone else as underwhelmed and unexcited as I am? I'm so not impressed that I don't even have the energy to post a link to the latest bag.

Wish I could add "Don't" to the beginning of my handle... or perhaps "Only If Vintage Styles" to the end of it.:weird:

HuskyLover

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Honestly, I have no desire to even look at them. I realize there are more bag buyers out there than those who belong to tpf, but come on, who's paying $600-700 for these newer Kooba's? The sales must have dropped drastically over the last few years. Are they that naive to not realize why? IMO, not only are the designs lacking (there have been a few that were OK), but the quality of the leather is lousy. Mass production of crappy bags for big bucks does not equal return customers!

Oct 20, 2009
Sydneyish, AU
Honestly, I have no desire to even look at them. I realize there are more bag buyers out there than those who belong to tpf, but come on, who's paying $600-700 for these newer Kooba's? The sales must have dropped drastically over the last few years. Are they that naive to not realize why? IMO, not only are the designs lacking (there have been a few that were OK), but the quality of the leather is lousy. Mass production of crappy bags for big bucks does not equal return customers!
Not me! I paid $260 for my brand new Chase and I really like it. The leather is soft and supple and it holds up through the roughness I put an everyday bag through.

I don't think I'd pay $600 for it new though...so I guess I get what you're saying. But then again I wouldn't pay full price for most bags - I love Treesje and I think they're great quality but I'm not going to get the clutch I'm eyeing until it's on sale and I do think it's worth the full price, I just can't justify spending it to myself.

I wish I could feel an older Kooba to compare now. I wonder if I'm missing out on something :sad: