New kid in town

Hi fellow LV affecionados,

I found this forum and registered about a month ago, and have lurked since then. Had a lot of reading to do that's for sure. Finally decided to come out of hiding to share with you DH's anniversary gift for me.

The lovely Eva in Damier. Was torn between the mono and the damier. So DH and I both went to the store to see them irl (hey, I'm learning some of the lingo:smile:). Well guess what, DH and I just fell in love with the Damier. So, DH ordered her from elux and she arrived a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures and such. So, please forgive me that I don't have a picture right now.

A little history of my LV journey. The love affair started back in 2003 when DH gave me a Recital for my birthday. Each year since, an addition has been made to the collection. And oh yeah, I'm one of those who keeps an Excel spreadsheet record of the babies. My collection is modest in comparison to so many of you, but I do appreciate what I have and enjoy visiting the list to see the progress.. and oh boy.. the price change that have occurred over the years.

Sad to say, but for almost 2 years, I did not purchase an LV bag. (Got distracted by Burberry). In 2007, DH and I decided on an Damier Speedy 25 for my b-day, but I just wasn't sure of it. Loved it.. even bought a strap for it, but just couldn't get the hang of it. So ended up returning it before the time expired. Since then, nothing grabbed me, till I discovered the Eva Club thread. She was calling my name, and I responded.

But now lately I'm thinking of giving the Speedy another try. After all, I still have the strap from 2 years ago. Maybe I'll try the 30 this time. I'll have to wait awhile though. Possibly on Mother's Day.

And oh yeah, although I joined the forum because of my love for LVs, I have a confession to make. I just made my first post earlier at the Coach forum. For the first time, I saw a Coach bag that got my attention, and so I just had to share with them too.

Once I get the hang of this, and learn how to create avatars, signature lines, etc.. I'll list my LV babies to date.

Thank you guys for being patient with this post. ;)

Hey - welcome to the forum. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. And it's an exciting spring at LV.

You'll figure out your perfect bag - or at least your perfect bag for now ;)

why didnt u like the speedy ?

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

The Speedy 25's opening was a bit small for me. But I love it's overall size. I wasn't sure if overtime, I'd get use to it and I didn't want to take the chance of not being able to return it. When I tried the 30 with the strap, the bag seemed too big with it, and wasn't too crazy about the sagging. I've read up on some type of a base/board that can be used on the Speedy so..my interest peaked again.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

The Speedy 25's opening was a bit small for me. But I love it's overall size. I wasn't sure if overtime, I'd get use to it and I didn't want to take the chance of not being able to return it. When I tried the 30 with the strap, the bag seemed too big with it, and wasn't too crazy about the sagging. I've read up on some type of a base/board that can be used on the Speedy so..my interest peaked again.

There is indeed lots of baseboards available for the Speedy.I have sort of a love/hate relationship with it though because technically the Speedy is supposed to sag when worn. I have an Epi so the sag is much less but the board sits sort of funny in it. I like the idea of support but it's not meant to be worn that way. I still use it until I change my mind about it - which I'm sure in a few months I'll just be like "screw it, let it SAG!" lol

:smile: anyways, I love the Eva too but I won't ever use a little purse like that. I'm thinking of purchasing it for my mom on Mother's day.

There is indeed lots of baseboards available for the Speedy.I have sort of a love/hate relationship with it though because technically the Speedy is supposed to sag when worn. I have an Epi so the sag is much less but the board sits sort of funny in it. I like the idea of support but it's not meant to be worn that way. I still use it until I change my mind about it - which I'm sure in a few months I'll just be like "screw it, let it SAG!" lol

:smile: anyways, I love the Eva too but I won't ever use a little purse like that. I'm thinking of purchasing it for my mom on Mother's day.

I too have that love/hate relationship with the Speedy. Whenever I see someone carrying the Speedy I fall in love with it all over again. It actually doesn't look too bad with the sagging. I think I'm learning to appreciate it more for what it is. I'm waiting to see if LV will release it in the graphite. Would love to have it in that color.