New Kelly Owner with Questions!

I :heart: RougeH Kelly - that's one of my wishlist item. I think it will look fab with black, white, navy, jeans and maybe "rust" color. That is how I am envisioning me with a Rouge H Kelly! Congrats!!

I :heart: RougeH Kelly - that's one of my wishlist item. I think it will look fab with black, white, navy, jeans and maybe "rust" color. That is how I am envisioning me with a Rouge H Kelly! Congrats!!

I have to agree with princessfrog... Rouge H would look good with navy (i'm into navy now) and hmm... what bout grey??

I think a white crisp shirt would look absolutely chic... and oh so French~!!(especially since you're honeymoon-ing in Paris):wlae: and if i'm not wrong, I think the trend's now a little androgynous?? maybe you could steal one of your man's white shirt?

But bottom line... it goes with anything!

Congrats!

I have been looking into having a longer strap SO for my Kelly so that I can use her messenger when I need to. I have been told that I can do so. It will cost between $600-700 and will take about 6 months.

I am thinking I may do that as I have now put down a black Bolide on my list and the strap will be able to be used for it too.

Congrats Steph! I also own a Kelly 35 but in a dark brown color Marron Fonce...the getting in and out of the bag takes getting used to if you've been used to your LV bags with easy zippers and openings, but after a while you get used to the Kelly and then opening/closing the bag won't bother you at all.

I tend to have the strap on in case I need to go hands-free but I hand-carry the Kelly 99% of the time, looks more elegant and ladylike to me in my opinion. Enjoy your Kelly in good health!!

Also, any tricks to getting into and out of the bag -- I am used to Louis' with zippers that are just drop and run bags. And finally, I am not sure that I like the way it looks with the strap. Any pointers? I read somewhere about using an Evelyn strap to make this bag more of a site-seeing bag (which would be perfect because I will be honeymooning in June in Paris/Monaco!)

I have read all the threads just looking for some personal advice.

Thanks in advance!!

You might already have seen this thread, but here it is anyway.
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/wearing-kelly-80169.html

It's personal preference whether or not you want to use your strap but knowing that you have a strap in your Kelly when you need to use it, is a great option. I have never used the strap. I just love the feel of the Kelly handle in my hands :love:

I got the idea for the canvas messenger strap for the Kelly in the Asians with Birkins thread. SOMEWHERE (sorry) in the first few- mid section of pages there is a picture of a very chic Asian woman wearing a Vert Anis Kelly this way at the airport.

GT, is this the pic you are talking about:

attachment.php