Tech New IMac in 2012?

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Happy New Year everyone!!

I was wondering if anyone knows if there will be a new iMac scheduled to come out this year? I believe the last one came out March 2011 so I "think" a new one is set to come out real soon.

I have an HP laptop that still works fine but is getting old (coming onto 3 years this month) and I've been comtemplating getting a Mac for the past few years but never took the plunge but I think it's time! Since I don't actually need one right away as my laptop still works, I figured as might as well wait for the next upgrade. At first, I was only interested in a MacBook Pro but considering the high price tag (I definately need a the 17-inch model, the 13 and 15-inch are too small IMO) and considering the fact that I never actually take my laptop outside of the house and I already own an IPad 2, might as well go for the desktop to save money! Plus I have a $500 GC from Best Buy just waiting to be used! :graucho: So now, I'm leaning towards the 21.5-inch desktop as I find the 27-inch too big.

Thanks!

abear

Dec 29, 2011
you're right! apple "upgrades" their products on average once every year! iMacs don't get as much publicity, but according to Mac Rumors, you better hold off because a new iMac may be released soon!

check this out for more info: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

and just on a side note, i have the 27" and i love it--not "too" big at all! it makes so much better for multitasking!

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada
you're right! apple "upgrades" their products on average once every year! iMacs don't get as much publicity, but according to Mac Rumors, you better hold off because a new iMac may be released soon!

check this out for more info: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

and just on a side note, i have the 27" and i love it--not "too" big at all! it makes so much better for multitasking!
Thanks for posting this link!
I'll definately wait until the next iMAC release before upgrading my laptop in this case!

abear

Dec 29, 2011
Lushie said:
Thanks for posting this link!
I'll definately wait until the next iMAC release before upgrading my laptop in this case!
No problem :smile: glad to be of help!